CHECK OUT A NEW SOFT PLASTIC COMPANY

http://samatisbaits.com/Home_Page.html

Posted Sun May 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Posted Sat May 28, 2011 11:05 am

I've all but proven to myself that there is just no match for the Gary Senkos. The Pro Shop line just doesn't cut the mustard.

When the bite is slow, 5" will pull some action but I like the the 6's. They ARE NOT TOO BIG.

Favorite proven colors....

Green Pumpkin w/ Red Flake
Black
Smoke
Black/Red Shad
Baby Bass
Purple w/ Blue Flake.

Have not had much luck with the money craws, flappin hogs, lizards....

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 2:58 pm

i would have to agree with most that it's tough to beat the senkos (or any cigar worm for that matter). They work great rigged wacky style on a shakey head or even texas rigged on a regular worm hook. i do have some other soft baits though that i really enjoy using.....

Zoom flukes and super flukes. the super flukes are my favorite of all the soft shad baits though bass assassins are a solid second choice.

Brush hogs are a lot of fun to fish and give u a shot at big bass. I dont see many guys fishing them around here like i do when i vacation down south. i think a lot of the bass around here have never seen a brush hog and dont know what to make of it. regardless, they work well for me when the bass are a bit lethargic and that big ole brush hog makes the bass think twice about turning down an easy meal thats big.

trick worms are another favorite of mine. one tip....do not fish these on a shaky head or even a weighted worm hook....you lose to much of the movement. these worms do crazy movements when you give em a few taps and let em drift/sink. they are more buoyant than most worms and sink very slowly but with lots of movement.

last one....the good ole sluggo. people have gotten away from these a bit i feel. aside from the striper guys who still love them. I think they still work great for bass and are pretty versatile....you can zip em along the surface, dance em around a couple feet off the bottom, or even deadstick em in a slight current and catch fish.

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 10:45 pm

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:38 pm

I like zoom brush hogs and super hogs for texas rigging, pitching and flipping and Carolina rigging. For SM nothing beats a Kalin 5" grub in smoke salt and pepper or green pumpkin.

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:26 am

Rage Tail from Strike King. (Rage Toad). Are my new favorite.

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Top Producers:

Reaction Innovations Flirt Worm (Spanish Fly Color -- green/purple)
Jackall Cross-Tail Shad (Watermelon Pepper)

--> both work well for me on a drop shot for catching Charles River smallies & largemouth

Also, my 8-year-old has been doing well with 3" baby bass senkos, wacky-rigged on a light jighead...

Smoke/gold/blue flake and purple with flake senkos also seem to work when the bass aren't keying on the greenish colors.

-G

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 pm

tallimeca is spot on.

I have to concur! Any plastic, as long as it looks, smells, and acts like a senko Laughing Seriously, when fishing is either really hot or really cold, I can tie on a 4" senko and usually "haul" 'em in. Now, as for colors, the old standard "match the hatch" usually works for me. however, I'm somewhat convinved that no matter what you see on TV or read on the 'net or in mags--watermelon/pumpkinsseed reign SUMPREME in MASS Very Happy

Posted Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Berkely Havoc Pit Boss on this alone Ive caught 100's of Bass this year

Posted Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:51 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links