Seeing how this weekend has quickly been filled up with FFF I was think of possibly going out Saturday and wanted to see if folks have any experience night fishing in the fall. My concern would be fish heading deep at night as the water has starts to cool. Any thoughts?

Posted Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Probably doesn't happen much around here, but anglers can night-fish 365. Bundle up and give it a go.. Try fishing the same spots you would in the day.. Then try some other spots..

Posted Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks. I know exactly where Im going. The back basin has some good flats, but not sure if there are any weeds around it this late in the season. The main basin has a shoreline with downed trees in about 10-15 ft of water which is usually loaded with fish. It eventually drops down to about 22ft. There is a big bowl in the middle that tops out at around 28-30 ft, I havent been able to find any weeds down there since they started the week kills in the summer.

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:22 am

If you're talking about where I think you are Sam said the water was really low last time he was there

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:25 am

Im think its the same just PM'd you. I was there probably 3 weeks ago and did alright nothing big. Im hoping they push up on the flats in the back but I havent fished there super late into the season.

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:45 am

i just touched base with bobby. it's low but i was thinking the same thing about the flats since they roam them early in the morning there for sure. water was down at least 1' last time and there were no weeds. some isolated pads but they were dying.

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:22 am

I think that you think that I think I know that you know that I know where you are talking about

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:07 pm

stratos1966

I think that you think that I think I know that you know that I know where you are talking about

You're right.....WALLUM

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:09 pm

of course it's wallum. at wallum, they're always in 1-5' of water.

but really, it's not even a secret place.

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:47 pm

I fished locally the past 2 weeks wading from shore, fishing from about 5:30-past dark. As soon as it starts to get dark, I've switched over to a jitterbug or a colorado blade black spinner and have been doing well. Pretty much the same thing I'd do during any other time of year night fishing...the fish have still been active.

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:34 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links