Where can you park and put a kayak in? Im looking at a map... looks like only 1 or 2 roads even go near it... any businesses near i can plug into my gps to find it... any help!! going for pike and bass! What else is in there?

Posted Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:28 pm

There's a car top launch off 117 in Lincoln south of the Bay. That's the closest for a paddle, only about 10-15 minutes to get to the mouth. The only other one is off 225 in Bedford and that's probably at least an hour paddle straight, maybe longer.

Posted Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:04 am

Plenty of parking near the 117 ramp. It's about a 200 foot walk to launch, as they have the dirt access road chained off. There is additional parking up the road about 100 feet too for overflow parking!

Posted Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:45 am

Get ready to walk and paddle for Fairhaven...It's pretty good though.

I hit Fairhaven bay this year a couple times. Lost 1 big fish going for pike with a 6" perch.

I chucked a jig with my bait-jigging pole a couple times to see what was down below.... Lots of awesome crappie.

Posted Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:52 am

so I'm pretty sure i went in where pocketfisherman was saying. Worked in Concord today and my boss who lives in Lincoln told me place in sudbury river to get to fairhaven bay 5 mins from where we were working. I got a couple of bits but no hooks!!! and I am not kidding i mustve saw over 100 water surface breaks (fish hitting the water). some 4-6 fish at a time hitting the surface for a big clustered. I couldn't get any!!! I know bass don't tend to school once they get bigger but I heard trout do.... are these steelhead trout that are in the sudbury river? I saw 3 Herons all around the nook of it I was fishing and of course where almost ALL the water breakage was and some not even a foot from my kayak.. i saw ones body out the water from afar, a single jumper, but it was the color of a bass, like a real dark brown like charles river bass. I fished the weedlines etc with very few bites... any tips? i want to hit it hard this fall for bass and pike and anything inbetween. I tried jointed shad swim baits, spinners, spoons, frogs, poppers, salmon egg trout nuggets, etc... not one fish caught!!

Posted Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:26 pm

bruinsbrawler17

so I'm pretty sure i went in where pocketfisherman was saying. Worked in Concord today and my boss who lives in Lincoln told me place in sudbury river to get to fairhaven bay 5 mins from where we were working. I got a couple of bits but no hooks!!! and I am not kidding i mustve saw over 100 water surface breaks (fish hitting the water). some 4-6 fish at a time hitting the surface for a big clustered. I couldn't get any!!! I know bass don't tend to school once they get bigger but I heard trout do.... are these steelhead trout that are in the sudbury river? I saw 3 Herons all around the nook of it I was fishing and of course where almost ALL the water breakage was and some not even a foot from my kayak.. i saw ones body out the water from afar, a single jumper, but it was the color of a bass, like a real dark brown like charles river bass. I fished the weedlines etc with very few bites... any tips? i want to hit it hard this fall for bass and pike and anything inbetween. I tried jointed shad swim baits, spinners, spoons, frogs, poppers, salmon egg trout nuggets, etc... not one fish caught!!

I tell myself its carp when I'm in there. I have the worst luck on that river and they jump ALL the time. I am 99 percent sure it is carp though.

Posted Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:43 pm

They are carp

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:39 am

my boat at the dirt ramp where the sudbury meets the assabet.. what launch is that ? I am pretty sure that's closer than the 225 launch

i just checked on lowell street in concord i get my boat in.. its a tight squeeze but i get it in

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:59 am

There are some serious rocks on the left side as you head towards the fork from the lowell st ramp. Broke a shear pin on one last season, it gets obviously shallow and rocky on the right side and towards the middle of the fork, but we didnt see the rocks on the left.

Posted Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:13 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links