I guest it would have been better had I asked this before putting the boat away for the season, but where do you launch to access Fairhaven Bay? I typically launch on the Concord in Bedford, but that seems to be a decent ride. Is there a closer launch? I have a 16 foot aluminum with a 25 hp tiller.

Thanks,

Charlie

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:40 pm

yeah man, sherman bridge rd in wayland, not much but a little closer

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:49 pm

thanks johnny. it was on my places to fish this year but i just never got around to it. next year lol.

how is the water up there between wayland and the bay? i know there are some iffy sections below with rocks and submerged trees/stumps...

thanks a lot and i would love to hook up with a bunch of the crew here next year.

thanks,

charlie

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:56 pm

Between Shermans and Fairhaven is some decent fishing. Heading down river from Shermans, there is a nice stretch. Also between 117 and bay is good. I was only there once this year and hooked into a 3+ lb fish (flipping a creature, go figure). There are a couple of nice weedy ambush points for pike through that there too.

As far as fairhaven bay, I started the year off there (was actually trapped by a sheet of ice that broke free when we were down in the bay!) Not sure if I am remembering correctly but the weeds have seemed to have gotten worse over the last few years. The first time I fished the bay was '09 and feel in love with the place but '10, weedy and after that first trip this year, I never made it back.

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:11 pm

maddog,

thanks for all of the information. i keep telling myself to try new places and explore more. i may have to break out the canoe.

charlie

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:16 pm

I was on the Concord Monday afternoon and it was a slow bite meaning no bite but I was way down the river. If you want to do the canoe then park on 117 and carry it down by the bridge. There is a chain there but I parked there all of 2010 (chain was not there in 2009) and carried my canoe or jon boat over the chain without any issues. Float down to the bay and hit the backside of little peninsula looking area on the right side of the bay. Its out of the current and provides a deeper drop than the rest of the bay. Anything that is off of the main channel is good. I imagine with the cooler water temps (48F), deeper may be better and with the submerged grass a rattletrap should do the trick. Who knows, I might find myself out there this weekend.

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:59 pm

great info...thanks. would love to hook up and try it out next year. that invite is to anyone and everyone....

charlie

Posted Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:17 pm

There is no reason to park by the bridge because there is a parking lot with a cartopper access just before the bridge (heading west), made specifically and legally for this purpose. It comes out a little, although not much, closer than the bridge also.

Posted Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:38 am

ted,

i just looked on goodle earth. the access you talk about...is that near the little feeder stream below the bridge?

charlie

Posted Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:05 am

ted,

i just looked on goodle earth. the access you talk about...is that near the little feeder stream below the bridge?

charlie

Posted Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:06 am

42.418697,-71.360527

put those in google maps. If you're heading west from 126 there is a lot on the right just before the bridge. If you cross the bridge you have gone too far. When you put the coordinates in google satellite view, it does look like there is a small feeder stream, but it's very short, maybe 50 yards. There is another parking lot before it on the same side with a small pond next to it - it's not that one, keep going and it will be shortly after.

Posted Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:56 am

thanks ted

Posted Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:24 am

no problemo...if you have any problems finding it, swing by my place to pick me up and I'll show you Smile

Posted Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:18 pm

ted that sounds like a plan!

Posted Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links