Anyone fish this? Any luck? Looks like a decent body of water but can't find much info on it.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:19 am

Myles Standish? Have always wanted to get in there but have no idea where the access is. I know someone who fished it a few years ago and did pretty well. Guess I should ask him about the access Exclamation Laughing

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:09 pm

If it is the one in MSSP it is shallow 6-7' max and SUPER clear. I fished it once and it was super tough. Best advice if you are going to try it is to pick a cloudy day with a little breeze

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:13 pm

Probably getting the canoe in there tomorrow, it's either that or Sampson's.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:55 pm

You were right it is very clear and tough to fish, but produces: http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/post53720.html#53720

Can only really get a canoe/kayak in there, no launches, very very shallow in spots.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Well done, those are some nice ones

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Needed to try a different place so I headed down there this morning. With a chilly NE wind blowing I didn't have very high expectations. Ended up with around a dozen or so, nothing over 2lbs. Shadalicious, WR Senko and Rapala Shallow Shad Rap did the damage. Super clear water and I didn't have to deal with any pesky pickerel Exclamation Laughing

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 5:20 pm

Sounds like a good trip. It's going on my list Very Happy

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Returned today. Slow start, flat calm conditions. Breeze picked up and managed a dozen or so out of the pads with a senko type bait. Nothing over 2lb. I don't think there are any pickerel in this pond Exclamation Had the place to myself all morning. A couple of yakkers showed up when I was leaving.

Posted Fri May 31, 2013 7:44 pm

Don, where did you launch from?

Posted Fri May 31, 2013 9:10 pm

If you park at the visitor center you can hook a canoe over to the submerged stairs, or drive all the way around to the cul de sac area and launch at the stairs there.

Won't be able to fit much more than a kayak/canoe/crawdad

Posted Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:05 am

Would really be nice if they fixed the road and opened the gates Exclamation That's a 3 mile drive each way to bring you closer to the stairs Exclamation But it's been closed for as long as I can remember.

Posted Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:29 am

don51

Would really be nice if they fixed the road and opened the gates Exclamation That's a 3 mile drive each way to bring you closer to the stairs Exclamation But it's been closed for as long as I can remember.

I grew up about 4 miles from the State Forest in Carver, I can barely remember the last time that bridge was open, been closed for has to be going on 15+ years.

Posted Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:21 am

Went down Friday morn. 42 deg! Pretty damn cold! Had 4 on the hook during the first 15 min. I was there. They all managed to escape me. Laughing Tough going from that point on. Only got 1 in the yak and a few other strikes. I'll give it another shot in a couple of weeks or so.

Posted Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:50 am

[quote="don51 Had the place to myself all morning. A couple of yakkers showed up when I was leaving.[/quote]

How cool is that! Cool

Posted Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:37 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links