I just bought a lowrance elite 4 color fish finder, it's nothing fancy but it's a step up from the crappy black and white finders i've had. Anyway, says it's a duel frequency, is that the same as duel beam? I sure hope so or i'm sending it back.

Posted Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:15 pm

The 83kHz transducers are typically low cost transducers with only one element for both 83 and 200kHz. This gives a wide cone angle which is excellent for shallow waters. Go for a 83/200kHz if you typically fish at 100' or shallower.

Posted Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:56 pm

Right on the money Ken, also that unit should have the option to switch between single or dual beam in its menu section, that unit will also accpet a wide variety of different transducers play with the menu you will find it pretty easy to navigate

Posted Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:33 pm

sinista

Right on the money Ken, also that unit should have the option to switch between single or dual beam in its menu section, that unit will also accpet a wide variety of different transducers play with the menu you will find it pretty easy to navigate

thanks for the info!

It gives me the option to use the 83khz or the 200khz beam. I've been using the 200khz because it seems to give really detailed readings but it is only a 20 degree angle were as the 80khz is a 60 degree. do you guys no if the 80khz beam is accurate on showing fish and structure?

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:46 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links