today I used the hooks you sent me Sam (like the ones you posted Kev) and hooked the bait through the nose (Thanks for that tip Neil) and I didn't see any line twist at all. I didn't catch anything but I only caught 3 fish all day so I'll chalk it up to just a bad day all around

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:41 am

glad the gear worked out for you. keep at it, you'll catch them on it eventually.

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:14 am

VMC Spin Shot 1/0 I like my hooks bigger , hasn't affected catching numbers , I've drop shotted 3/0 Offset Gamakatsu's with 4 inch creature baits and caught fish that way to, its all preference

Posted Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:42 pm

What works for me and i have no twist issues is i run 15lb braid main line tie onabout a 6ft piece of fluro for my leader with a double uniknot and works great.

Have tried all different kinds of hooks etc and nothing has worked as good as this plus great sensativity as well

Posted Mon May 21, 2012 11:28 am

i tie on a swivel about 6 inches above my hook but i also bought some of the VMC In Line Swivel Dropshot Hooks,gonna give em there 1st test run up on Squam Lake in N.H. next week(6 days and 5 nights lakeside with the kayak,yeeehaw)

Posted Wed May 23, 2012 5:10 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links