That's MAFF. Good luck with the new setup

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:17 pm

good stuff. now you have a new ride and finder setup ready to go.

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Broosky I don't know what you have for a charger, if it's a car charger type, use it on a low slow charge.....You can also use a cell phone type charger. If you charge the battery to fast or with high amperage, you may cook the battery.

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:41 pm

bobpuge

Broosky I don't know what you have for a charger, if it's a car charger type, use it on a low slow charge.....You can also use a cell phone type charger. If you charge the battery to fast or with high amperage, you may cook the battery.

Its a little black and decker 6 and 12v battery maintainer that an old roomate used for his motorcycle battery during winter storage, its a maintainer but it will charge a battery from dead if left on long enough so yeah its made for 12v batteries smaller than a car battery and its a slow trickle charger so I'm thinkin it should be fine . Thanks

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Brooksy.....Sorry I screwed up your name before

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:51 pm

bobpuge

Brooksy.....Sorry I screwed up your name before

lol i just noticed it haha. no biggie people do it all the time, its my username on xbox and when i play games online alot of people call me broosky lol thats how it looks when you look at it fast.

Posted Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:15 pm

samf

i do. this type of small battery will power it up all day long. i need to add an inline fuse though. i went all year without one last year but just got lucky.

http://store.humminbird.com/products/322329/GCBK

You never cease to amaze me..great info Sam! I have 2 of the same batteries and same charger

Posted Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:41 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links