Have been doing good on soft plastics lately. Had luck with Senkos early on, but they started to not hit them. Switched it up to a Reaction Innovations Smallie Beaver 4.20 and 3.50 in dirty sanchez, green pumpkin, and green with red flake, and they started biting.

Love these baits, very lifelike when weightless rigged. Got my wife hooked, she absolutely loves bass fishing now, it’s great. Nothing huge, but some decent couple of pound fish. I'll take quantity over quality all day.

We fished a decent sized pond in Wareham, absolutely covered in weed mats that that grown all the way to the surface (at least where we launched into). I did not have a bait-caster punching setup with me to punch jigs through the mats, so we paddled to the down the pond to a decent sized, quick flowing river, and found the bass there.

Not too sure how much more productive this spot is going to be; water levels have dropped over 1’ in a week; might not sound like a lot, but water was already low in some spots (<2’), and were holding fish well, and I think the latest water level drop is going to severely impact where fish hold up in that area.

All of mine were caught on a 7’ Abu Garcia Vengence M spinning rod and a Shimano Sienna 2500 with Suffix 832 30lb braid, or a 5’5” Mitchel Avocet UL with a Shiamno Sienna 500UL spooled with 10lb test Spidewire braid. Wife was using a 6’6’ ML Field and Stream Inferno spinning rod (amazingly good rod actually) and a Shiamano Sienna 1000 with 20lb Spiderwire braid. Not sure what my brother had for his setup, I think a BPS 5'6" rod and a Shimano reel with braid.

Here is another album from July, same pond. They were hitting spinners, buzzbaits, and frogs around that time:

http://imgur.com/a/z5n3G#0

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/t2UJL90.jpg?1[/IMG]

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:33 am

those pictures look cool with whatever enhancements you're making.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:09 am

Editing was done with a free Android app on my phone, Snapseed, can be found in the Google Play Store and I believe is available on iOS/iTunes as well for you iPhone users!

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:19 am

Nice report!

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Yeah, def some nice pics! Cool

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:01 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links