Do you use a bilge pump to keep water flowing in a cooler style livewell? Or is the aerator enough? If it's just the aerator do you change out water? How often? Do you use chemical treatments?

Sorry about all the questions but I'd rather not my first tournament be a box of dead fish....

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:34 am

I use just an aerator. On hot days I bring frozen water bottles to keep the water cool. Add one every hour. I was switching out the water but recently stratos talked about adding hydrogen peroxide to the livewell and not switching out water. There are a couple of threads going about livewell care.

check out this vid http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-videos/bass-fishing-hydrogen-peroxide.html

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:41 am

Great info! Thanks Smile

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 am

keep the bottle out of the sun as well. The reason it comes in a brown bottle is to keep light from changing its state back to water and oxygen. Keep it in a shaded cool spot or on ice. heat and light can ruin it.

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 pm

I'm a little weepy over the love on this site!

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Johnny I will pay you $5 for every bucket you kick over and a $5 bonus if it held a bass 3lb or larger

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:02 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

I'm a little weepy over the love on this site!

sniff sniff

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:44 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links