I've been told there are big fish in there, seen a spanish dude taking home a 6lb+ largemouth(I tried to tell him about the mercury but he didn't speak english) but I can not catch anything of note in there. I've spent an easy 20 hours on it in the last month throwing everything in my tackle box at it. The LM in my avatar is the biggest i've seen, got it on the jig. I caught one other small lm with the jig and then like 8 small lm on a 3inch senko.

I usually go up river from the 225 boat ramp, but might go down stream now that I know how long the battery on my motor will last. Last time I went out I went to the blue dot and the drifted down the entire highlighted bank throwing a jig or senko at shore.

Any one have any tips at all for this water? I would love to pull a big lm or pike out of there.

Posted Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:49 pm

There's nice carp, and white catfish and channel cats too,I've gotten a nice eel out of there but all on homemade boilies, I heard there's pike but haven't seen one , try fishing with oatmeal or bread I can give you my recipes for boilies

Posted Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:07 am

Your fishing the wrong side........Just kidding. I have always found the fish are scattered, Its like fishing in the land of a thousand casts. Try a jig & trailer at the shoreline, and try to find some weed clumps that are isolated.

Posted Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:38 pm

I fish the concord all the time especially that area you have
highlighted. As far as bass fishing goes it can be pretty tough to
find them, the sunken trees and overhangs that generally look like they should have big bass are usually empty. I find when im
fishing the shore line I stick to the side that has shade and I look
for shore line that isn't completely covered by the mangrove looking
trees. Look for areas where the shore line is bare with like
1 or 2 shrubs, if you find cover like that get your lure in there(weedless is your friend here) and you usually get slammed as soon as it hits the water. most of my pictures are fish taken from the concord. I mainly go there for bass but always end up catch pike. my biggest pike was taken a little ways up from there in the Sudbury right before it merges with the assabet. Actually my avatar picture is on the concord and all the pike pictures I have are from that area

Posted Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:04 am

Thanks for the tips guys, was away in WI (unfortunetly not a fishing trip) so hadn't checked back but I'll probably go back out there next week some time.

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:36 pm

I fished it today and the water was low. Be mindful of the stumps that are just under the surface. I had the flyfishing urge today and did ok in th area you highlighted. the action slowed as the sun got higher in the sky. The fish in my avatar was taken there last fall,

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:42 pm

All good stuff guys! Keep the updates coming. Gonna try to get to the river soon enough.

Posted Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:26 am

I've never really caught any noteworthy largemouths there, but I get Carp, Pike, and Catfish like nobody's business between where route 3 cross over it (Near exit 2Cool, an where 3A crosses over it in Billerica.

Posted Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:06 pm

That should say exit 28.

Posted Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:10 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links