Sean and I headed up to Wachusett today in search of smallies. The plan was to pack everything in backpacks and travel lite and cover as much water as possible. Well we covered at least 18 miles of shore line, as proved by my Navionics App on my droid. We are both dead now and only have 2 smallies to show for it. They were keyed in on shiners early and we didn't have any. We got 2 dozen shiners and then the bait bite died off. It was just not our day. We did see 2 guys using 8 rods! Justice was served and the EPO's showed up as if on cue. Karma will get you everytime.

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Today looks promising in the morning but it sucked big time. I had 3 16 inch smallie before 10 AM. That's yet. Called the day after noon time. I honestly think some bass (anywhere and everywhere)have done the spawning. Last week I caught largie and smallie were fat and fight hard. This week largie is pretty skinny and give up so easily. I caught couple smallie with damaged tail. Local says smallie spawn in May. I think it has happened, at least to some of them.

Looks like you guys were hiking gate 8...

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:36 pm

At least you had some quality fish for the time you invested...good work!

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:56 am

Saturday at the chu was slow so say the least. I was focusing on lakers. hit gate 6 at 530am, stayed till 930. people fishing everywhere and no fish. hit gate 14 - 15 after that and we got a couple of bites but didn't hook anything. `

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:35 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links