my shimanos have served me well - symetre, sahara , spirex, solstace, sedona....in the future i'll probably get a stradic, i like the saros too - very nice reel - but for now i've got reels i feel good about for the smaller tourneys that i do.....running 10 set - ups ain't cheap...the new revos have a lot of new parts and a new line management system , so ...we'll see - first abu - just trying them out

Last edited by snow66 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:13 pm

Why no mono for tourneys? I throw nothing but 6 lb trilene xl on my #1 spinning setup come tourney time.

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:30 pm

svtraptor

rangerdanger

svtraptor

rangerdanger

svtraptor

rangerdanger

svtraptor

When i was fishing in the pro tourney circuit in florida all i used was abus but shimano and abu are much better built than anything lews puts out.Lews are great for the casual fisherman but if you are looking for anything to put u over the top i would roll with something better.

what circuit did you fish ? I looked on bass rankings under your name and can't find any results .

how did u look it up? im pretty private, my name isnt listed anywhere on here.

says your name is William Francis on your profile , but maybe your fibbing about both things. Lol

william is my first name francis is a nickname, believe what you want i gain nothing by lying about anything. Was just trying to help a fellow angler out. cheers

I thought their was no name on the site? What circuit did you fish ?

pro circuit, stopped in 13 new job, moved up to mass with my family, now i just fish for fun.

As much as I dont like butting into others business I felt as like i had to say this. As far as svt being a pro, myself as well as a few others were lucky enough to fish with this guy on the charles.He is a master fisherman and is without a doubt who he says he is.He took a few of us on his new nitro z21 and after a couple of hours of fishing he opened up and showed us a lot of photos from tourneys and trophy catches etc.Was probly one of the nicest pros we have ever met and was very helpful with tips and pointers.

As far as a reel, i say go for what you are familiar with and comfortable.I personally like the quickest and smoothest casting reel i can get but to each his own. Tight Lines

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:44 pm

You guys launch out of Waltham or below? Are there other spots on the Charles where you can launch other than Waltham and Boston? Been looking father upriver and it seems there isn't a launch that can handle a boat. I'm looking for some new spots for 2016, moving up from Kayak to an RT 178. ty

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:37 pm

hagabass

You guys launch out of Waltham or below? Are there other spots on the Charles where you can launch other than Waltham and Boston? Been looking father upriver and it seems there isn't a launch that can handle a boat. I'm looking for some new spots for 2016, moving up from Kayak to an RT 178. ty

Waltham and watertown. If you launch in boston or cambridge there are speed limits which i try to stay away from.

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:33 pm

I use a Kastking Stealth Carbon Baitcasting reel. Its only 50 bucks on Ebay. Its better than those expensive reels that cost over 200 bucks. They have a lot of spinning reels 11 plus 1 bb's carbon drag for under a 100 bucks. I love my reel. So you can give them a try if you like. Don't be fooled by the prices these are high quality reels.

Posted Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:52 pm

snow66

my shimanos have served me well - symetre, sahara , spirex, solstace, sedona....in the future i'll probably get a stradic, i like the saros too - very nice reel - but for now i've got reels i feel good about for the smaller tourneys that i do.....running 10 set - ups ain't cheap...the new revos have a lot of new parts and a new line management system , so ...we'll see - first abu - just trying them out

I have the Saros, bought it after watching one of those comparison, gear/review shows on tv that just raved about it. I was looking for something under $200, but everything I bought $100 or less just never held up. So I spent about $149 hoping for the best and went with the Saros. I wish I had spent the extra $$ for the Ci4 instead. My cousin DID buy the Ci4 and it is smooth as silk. For me (and again this is just my opinion), The Saros just didn't compare and I didn't feel much of a difference between the Saros and the under $100 reels I had previously bought. I have used both fluoro and braid on it and neither line made a difference in my opinion in how it feels. I also bought the Pflueger Supreme for $99 and found that to be a nice little reel, out performing my Saros.

It all comes down to personal preference so go with what makes you feel best and within your budget. Someday I'd like to get a Ci4, but I'm content with what I have for now. Good luck in your choices!

Posted Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:47 pm

heard all good about pflueger sumpreme....i have three pfluegers - great reels... experimenting with different brands - the new revo 2s30 i just added to my arsenal is on a 6 - 10 kistler ts magnesium mh with 10 lb. fluoroclear... a very sweet setup ,fishing jigs with it - love the reel

Posted Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:25 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links