My buddy and I catch and release.However,if it's clearly a meal for 2 or more ya know...hey ok..maybe right? Well "your" actions effect others,and here's what I mean.last week we went out to the quabog river,there's an older couple there fishing and I pull in the first Larry of the day..take some pics..send 'em back in...guy leans over to his wife and says "Baby can you believe he just put that back?...gets up gets his stuff and literally leaves in frustration...Bri through back 3lber about 1/2 hour after they left.If he was mad at me ..Bri's fish would have given him a stroke when her threw it back

This reminds of a thread from last year about this time:

http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/12-lb-bass-sudbury-res-t3229.html

There is a good reason why "we" practice catch & release...mercury and PCBs. Stupid poachers poisoning themselves with toxic fish probably will end up costing the health care system because they are too ignorant to obey the law.

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:31 pm

weldinghank

blackstonecarp

most of all respecting all the species that live in our waters.

You saying this reminds me of all the dead carp I used to find along the charles in waltham growing up. People said they were garbage fish and didn't belong there...

Reminds me of an incident here in RI where the neighbor's kid was telling me the boy scout camp counselor was having them kill and pike they caught because it kills all the other fish. I thought maybe he was talking about picks but sure enough the counselor was talking about pike when I asked when the bus picked the kids up the next morning. Thought I was going to have the big one, told him every pond that I've pike fished in also has a good population of largemouth, perch, gills. He says what about trout? Told him maybe he should read the fisheries publication, there were no trout stocked in these ponds and have never heard of them in 30 years in these ponds.

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 am

I grew up on the South Watuppa and the pond is infested with
What I call "Cram-Bodians" because everything they catch regardless of size they
"Cram" in the bait bucket. Hence their other name "The Bucket Brigade" and
If they don't use up all their Shiners they go back to the projects and
They have a Shiner Fry. They are very steadfast and vigilant regardless of the wake I rip up on shore the don't budge. The random 3/4 oz spinnerbait whipped
In their direction has no effect either!

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:06 am

i always tell them that the fish is poisones cause there is a army lab on the lake and people were getting really sick and one even died - funny looks at their faces

disregarded of what lake i am at Smile also if i see a whole fam slaugtering sunfish i have no problem asking them for their fishing licenses or calling ep directly

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:12 am

How about the environmental police deputise some of us fisherman.That way we can help enforce the laws.Just like the old west Laughing .

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am

bassstinger

How about the environmental police deputise some of us fisherman.That way we can help enforce the laws.Just like the old west Laughing .

Instead of horses we can have Jet Skis and snowmobiles for the hardwater.

Last edited by petrgill on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:55 am

Now thats an idea Bassstinger! We could go back to the old days of Public Hangings, instead of throwing stones we'll throw dead perch!

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:58 am

Finally ran into a dept fish and game ranger at galen st bridge in watertown. I was happy to show her my license. She asked me if i was fishing for stripers...I told her it was too late into the season for stripers, lol.

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:41 pm

sinista

I grew up on the South Watuppa and the pond is infested with
What I call "Cram-Bodians" because everything they catch regardless of size they
"Cram" in the bait bucket. Hence their other name "The Bucket Brigade" and
If they don't use up all their Shiners they go back to the projects and
They have a Shiner Fry. They are very steadfast and vigilant regardless of the wake I rip up on shore the don't budge. The random 3/4 oz spinnerbait whipped
In their direction has no effect either!

Maybe its just me but latly I havn't seen it. I remember the same thing as well. An entire family lined up on the rocks by 24 taking home anything and everything.

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:01 am

Love the talk! It is really a big problem now, but u don't hear anything about it anymore because its not a election year. my home pond is good walk to where the illegals fish last saturday i counted 26 people, and about 12 buckets, and this is on the regular. when i try to explain catch and release, mercury,pesticides, i get no english! Its pretty sad i have to say this but if u look to see where these people come from their countries, waterways, oceans, have become polluted bacteria ridden wastelands. and now their doing it to our ecosystem!

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:21 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links