Looking into getting a new cartopper boat, my 10ft 32beam jon boat just isn't cutting it for 2 people fishing anymore. Looking at either a 12ft 36beam jon or a 10ft bass raider. I always fish with 2 people in the boat. Would the bass raider be worth the extra money? I'm only getting it to keep at the office so I can go fishing before/after work without having to worry about towing my big boat all over Worcester

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Personally I owned a pond prowler 10 same design as the pelican or bass raider nice boats but your really restricted as to room and what you can trick them out with, I would suggest stepping up the size of the john boat Tracker Toppers come in 10,12,14 and 15, you can fabricate decks on them really easy , Damon (beaver fever) Kev ( bigmouths) and myself all own one and they have all been fabricated with all the bells and buzzers of a full size bass boat just down sized . Have a look through my photos, damons photos and kevins photos for ideas, look through the tournament sign up pages to find there profiles

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 pm

sinista

Personally I owned a pond prowler 10 same design as the pelican or bass raider nice boats but your really restricted as to room and what you can trick them out with, I would suggest stepping up the size of the john boat Tracker Toppers come in 10,12,14 and 15, you can fabricate decks on them really easy , Damon (beaver fever) Kev ( bigmouths) and myself all own one and they have all been fabricated with all the bells and buzzers of a full size bass boat just down sized . Have a look through my photos, damons photos and kevins photos for ideas, look through the tournament sign up pages to find there profiles

Or as they are affectionately known by their other name as "The Aircraft Carriers"!

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:03 pm

pocketfisherman

sinista

Or as they are affectionately known by their other name as "The Aircraft Carriers"!

Hahaha you know it!

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Are you planning on towing it or throwing it in the bed of the truck? Roof? I have a 9'6 bass hunter. Limited space but still comfortable for 2 guys fishing for a few hours.

Pros: fairly light especially for 2 guys
cons: limited space and 2 guys can not stand up and fish at the same time.

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:49 pm

I have an 8ft bed in my truck and just throw the 10footer in...I might be persuaded to step up to the 14ft but I dont want to go down the whole deck route for it becuase I want to keep it light so I dont need 2 trailers, and I dont really need a decked boat since I have a 17ft tracker. Mainly just looking for something to start entering the cartoppers out of and the 10ft isnt cutting it for 2 people.

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:04 pm

centralmassfish

I have an 8ft bed in my truck and just throw the 10footer in...I might be persuaded to step up to the 14ft but I dont want to go down the whole deck route for it becuase I want to keep it light so I dont need 2 trailers, and I dont really need a decked boat since I have a 17ft tracker. Mainly just looking for something to start entering the cartoppers out of and the 10ft isnt cutting it for 2 people.

Coleman Crawdad

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Am I going to be missing the extra 2 ft from a 12ft jon boat though?...a 10ft crawdad, 2 200lbs people, livewell cooler, TM and 2 batteries +fishing gear..

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:37 pm

centralmassfish

Am I going to be missing the extra 2 ft from a 12ft jon boat though?...a 10ft crawdad, 2 200lbs people, livewell cooler, TM and 2 batteries +fishing gear..

Thats a personal decision. I had one and have fished out of others in and out of tournies. I always had enough room. More room is always better but for all around portability, fishabilty and room the crawdad is hard to beat. there are a few easy mods you can do like repositioning the seats or taking them out completly. I have been in one with 2 guys, 10 rods, 2 batteries and a 70qt cooler livewell many times

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Crawdad is the way to go.

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:56 pm

I've got a 12 foot (maybe 11.5, not sure) jon boat I'm looking to sell. Its a sears. Its old but it doesn't have any leaks. I have the Mass registration. I'm include 4 rod holders. $200 its yours.

I used it with a 5hp and had 2 guys with gear, anchor, fishfinder and battery, cooler, etc and never had a problem.

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:20 am

If anyone is interested let me know. I'm selling because I upgraded.

dr_danryan@yahoo.com. I live in malden but very close to spot pond.

Posted Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:24 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links