Heading to the Cape for the weekend, with the boat of course, lol.
Looking for a good pond with alot of flippable shore line structure, lay downs, stumps, overhangs etc,
Any suggestions???
Ive fished Lovells, Mystic, Middle, Hamblins, Sheubel, Hathaway, Peters, as far as shore line cover goes Lovells is about the best Ive found
was thinking about Long Pond Harwich, any one been there??

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:25 am

i did my scuba certification at hathaways pond, you got your boat in there? and for the 2 days i dove there i saw the same pig swimming around the same area if i had to guess, underwater he looked 7 pounds

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:12 pm

I've been there not too sure I could get my boat in there isnt the ramp/ entrance small

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Harwich is a smallie dominated BOW. There are Largies in there and they are BIG but the smallies outnumber them 5-1. Not a lot of shoreline cover to throw at in there. it is more of an off shore fishery.
Ever been to Wequaquet in Barstable? Lots of docks and overhangs in there and they can be loaded. Big fish in Wequaquet. It usually takes close to a 20lb bag for 5 fish to win a tourney there. It is starting to develop more off shore weedbeds that produce as well. You have a shot at some Pike too on the off shore humps straight out from the ramp using reaction type stuff, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, jerkbiats ect.
Parking is not at the ramp you have to drive back up the road a couple 100 yards and pull off on the side. Ramp parking is for residents only memorial day to Labor day.

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links