Is there any public launch area for canoes on lake Cochickewick? I'd like to try it on Saturday if I can put in. Thanks and tight lines.

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:44 pm

residents only. you need to know the lock combo.

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks SamF, guess I'll try some place else.

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:22 pm

I wanted to upload the picture here, but it didn't work the first time, but look at my uploaded picture for parking and launching.

There's space for slightly off-road parking very close to the water to launch your canoe (highly recommend fishing there). It is near the South/Southwest area, you will notice tons of watercraft in the treeline.

*Please stop asking for combo, I will not give it out.

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:06 am

fishingwithkids

I wanted to upload the picture here, but it didn't work the first time, but look at my uploaded picture for parking and launching.

There's space for slightly off-road parking very close to the water to launch your canoe (highly recommend fishing there). It is near the South/Southwest area, you will notice tons of watercraft in the treeline.

*Please stop asking for combo, I will not give it out.

Most of us would give that info in private. You plaster it on a public board and it gets indexed on google for everyone to see. You know very well its a residents only lake. Your words have the potential to change the very place you like to fish. You say its an unpressured beautiful spot. Well it is!!! It wont be for long if you keep yapping about it. Dont take offense, take advise. This very forum has threads talking about lakes destroyed from public bragging about how good a place is.

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 pm

I sense a disturbance in the force

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:06 am

"Most of us would give that info in private. You plaster it on a public board and it gets indexed on google for everyone to see. You know very well its a residents only lake. Your words have the potential to change the very place you like to fish. You say its an unpressured beautiful spot. Well it is!!! It wont be for long if you keep yapping about it. Dont take offense, take advise. This very forum has threads talking about lakes destroyed from public bragging about how good a place is."

I'm not worried about the place being blown up. There's simply not enough room for it, supported by very limited parking (unless you're a resident with the locked launch access). If you're familiar with the area, then you would also know the demographics (Brooks School/Multimillionaires) of the area. Any inkling of a blowup by hapless and abusive fisherman and the residents will get the jackboots to enforce/patrol the area. If people think the fines will be worth it, more power to them.

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:52 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links