Badlarry How did you fair at Ashland res??

And reddog where did you end up catching??

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:46 pm

Had my way with the dinks across from the boat launch haha. Got tired of that then tried over by the dam but 2 many dogs n swimmers in short time I was there no sign of smallies though all larrys. Don't think there is a large pop of them in there pond info suggested they may no longer be here but must be some if u caught them. What were u using?

Posted Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:03 pm

I use a diver generally
My son I think generally uses worms there since he likes amusing the smaller kids with the kivva catches (keeps them interested, out of our hair and out of the water)

Probably not a lot there, but the onght are still in there since we strictly catch and release unless someone asks for the fish lol

Last edited by ekgia on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:45 pm

I can't give too many secrets but the magic number is 20 and the color is green pumpkin.

Posted Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:06 pm

My home Webster lake is loaded with good smallies. I catch em on practically anything. Message me if you want details

Posted Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Lake Singletary in Milbury/Sutton has nice Smallie fishing, they call them Pink Elephants

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:37 am

reddog1970

Finally......success! Didn't crush them tonight, but my wife and I each caught 1 smallmouth. She landed a 1 lb fish. Mine was a personal best. 17" and 3 lbs

Congrats!! Now get back out there and do it again!!!! Wink

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:57 am

That is my plan. I took vacation next week. I will be fishing "a lot".

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:04 pm

caught a 3.3lb smallie at an undisclosed pond in plymouth this summer. Laughing

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:51 am

That's a nice fish. I can't wait to get the next one!

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:27 pm

I didn't have to wait long for another nice smallmouth. Only 1 of the night, but i'll take it. 2 lbs, 16"

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Question about smallmouth weight. I'm curious what others think. Going by most charts about length vs. weight, a 20" largemouth or smallmouth would be 5 lbs. My scale said 4 lbs, but the fish wouldn't stop moving. It was a healthy, fat fish. So, do you think i'm underestimating? Do you find average weight charts to be fairly accurate?

Posted Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:16 pm

no i don't think you're underestimating. average weight charts are just estimated and give a general ballpark. i would never take that to be an accurate weight. if you're looking for an exact weight, you gotta trust the scale. you'll see a lot of fish and think they're bigger than they really are and vice versa. they get tough to predict once they're in the that weight range, especially smallmouth.

Posted Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links