It is too bloody hot to be out at mid-day in a kayak. Right about now I could use one of those pontoon boats with the cabana. It's probably nice out on the ocean....

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:00 am

I can't wait to get out of work and hit the Merrimack. I love the heat

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:05 am

Think I'm gonna wait until about 5 and hit my local pond just to get on the water. Note to self - bring insect repellent.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:10 am

By the time I actually get on the water it'll probably be around 5. It's still gonna be hot. Good call on the bug spray. I just used the last of mine the other day.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:45 am

Left the house at 5 a.m. and off the water at 9 Exclamation Nice breeze, but the sun is brutal Exclamation Get out early Exclamation

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:57 am

Ditto, got on the water at 5am and just got off at 1:00 pm. Sun was brutal and no shade to be found anywhere until towards the end and that was far and few between. Our group did catch fish. Several 4's and lost a few over that easy at the boat. What are you gonna do though? Was still great to be out there. Separate write-up possibly to follow.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Way to stick it out Roger. Just talked to Sam. Interns!!!!

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Yeah we were off the pond on the 4th just before noon. The 11am hour was brutal.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:59 pm

don51

Left the house at 5 a.m. and off the water at 9 Exclamation Nice breeze, but the sun is brutal Exclamation Get out early Exclamation

this. it was so brutal. no wind either. i was sweating nonstop.

roger's a playa.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:16 pm

this morning, 6:30am - 10:30 am,, 27 bass, 6 pickerel, hot day my eyes still feel burnt!!!

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 pm

So far it seems as if it's too hot for the fisherman but not the fish Very Happy

Gave up any thoughts of hitting the water this evening as it was still 95 degrees at 6 o'clock. Will hit the water at 5 tomorrow morning.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:33 pm

samf

don51

this. it was so brutal. no wind either. i was sweating nonstop.

roger's a playa.

We stuck it out for as long as we could. I still had iced beverages in the cooler, but it was just TOO DAM HOT OUT to continue! Upper 90's with no real shade and no wind was just too much! We did the best we could.

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Also........Sunscreen Exclamation You will burn up before you know it Exclamation

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:59 pm

I don't go anywhere without bathing in spf 30. I lathered up and hit Ames pond with my buddy. I had 3 bass and he had 3 picks. What did I get my fish on? The smallest on a crank and the other 2 were on the buzzbait. I throw it anywhere, anytime, any conditions. 90 degrees, a tiny breeze, no clouds. Had a huge blowup on it so I stuck with it. Got a small one that was like 1 1/4 and then a 2 pounder. I lost a pig in the weeds at the end of the day after the sun went down.

Posted Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:10 am

i lubed myself with spf 55. still too hot. we caught a good number with a good one but the lack of shade and wind really was the kicker.

Posted Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:21 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links