So the last time I fished Billington sea was around May of 2012. I got back there via my Subaru the only way I knew how (and was told how) without owning land on the lake. Through the access roads in/around Morton Pond Park etc. Since then I've heard multiple times that all of the roads that gave access to Billington to the general public have since been shut down/gated off due to people muddin' and general off-roading type activities on the dirt roads back there and tearing them up. I was wondering if there was an alternative way to access the pond with a cartopper, since the only thing I can find online is to access from Billington Sea Kayak, which I've tried and the guy who owns it has his own private launch for kayak/canoe rentals and 'test drives' - does anyone have any info on how to access it now? Or if all the hooplah of the access roads being closed off is actually true? Question Any info would be greatly appreciated, on this thread or via PM if people dont want to blow up access spots etc in front of the "lurkers" on here haha.

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:38 pm

It's still accessible before memorial day and after labor day the same way it always was. $20 parking fee from memorial day to labor day

Posted Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:48 pm

You can still access from the main entrance off Summer St. Or you can go in from the back, Morton Park Rd, past BS Kayak. They just don't let people drive around Little Pond anymore, nor would you want to!

Posted Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:19 am

Thanks for the feedback guys! I honestly never even knew about the Summer Street access, looking on Google Earth now to see if I can still get back there. Even though they're probably not the most up to date satellite images, oh well. Just waiting for snow to clear and ill head back there myself to see what the deal is. Laughing

Posted Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:19 pm

There's no secret entrances unless ur willing to walk about a mile. The best/only way is the public launch in Morton park unless u know someone who lives there

Posted Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links