Would any you guys be interested in doing a Big fish style tournament? 1 fish who ever has the biggest wins? i wouldn't mind setting one up if you guys are interested and if you are post dates you guys are free and times as well I wouldn't mind doing later in the day or early morning doesn't matter to me. Also if you would like to suggest a location I have a couple in mind but if a lot of people are interested i would be open to anything. I Like the style because it makes people fish till the very end because your next cast could always be the winning fish. I would have it open to big boats and Toppers.

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:27 pm

id be interested depending on the date. I have been involved in these types of tournies before. They are usually shorter in duration. 4 hours max.

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Rich let me know whats dates would be good for you. Ive been itching to get to fish against you and get to shoot the s***. I agree about it being shorter than a normal tourney.

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm up for that.Canton res. is great but carry in only.Indian head has some big fish but Probably 10 boat max.Great Herring is good unless the wind picks up on the toppers.Town hall in Hanson?Billington?Whitmans pond Weymouth?Mill pond Wareham?I'm just throwing out places you can get away without permits.If you guys know any others throw them in.Lake Boone,Lake Winthrop?Lake Tohopokaliga?Oh yeah thats a little too far away.

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Dudley Pond in Wayland and Dug in Natick can get away with no permits, plus decent enough ramps. Dug can probably only be 10 max

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Whitmans pond and great herring ponds were two that i had in mind i guess we can figure that out when we get some more followers. I was wondering if we should do like a 25 a person so both people on a boat have a shot at winning or should we just do teams?

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Would you guys wanna do a Saturday or a Sunday?

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:08 pm

cool idea. I'm definitely interested. Things are picking up a little at the Garden (the reason why I hadda bail on Mystic) but if I can do it I'm in.

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:03 pm

How about Biggest Large Mouth for the Calander Year, Sorry if i'm out of turn, but it would give us shore Fisherman a chance, not saying that we could't post some PIGS hahahaha. I tip my cap off to you guys, you earn every inch of it.. Now would that include the ICE, cause again , us Shore guys also love the ICE.. JWALL, i found a spot for pondies!!!!

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:34 pm

muskiebigfish

How about Biggest Large Mouth for the Calander Year, Sorry if i'm out of turn, but it would give us shore Fisherman a chance, not saying that we could't post some PIGS hahahaha. I tip my cap off to you guys, you earn every inch of it.. Now would that include the ICE, cause again , us Shore guys also love the ICE.. JWALL, i found a spot for pondies!!!!

Hahaha you said the I word. Laughing
That would be pretty fun. I haven't done a MAFF tournie yet.
Biggest bass of the year. That would give us a shot at a real monster.

What about a MAFF striper/ bluefish cup. I can really kick butt at that with some secret weapons?

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:59 pm

Im talkIng about putting together a tournament like any other but instead of a five fish limit just doing one fish limit.

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:01 am

I'm down with that. So are you talking just bass or biggest fish regardless of species? By weight or length?

For next season's kayak tourneys I am seriously considering incorporating multiple species just to keep things interesting. Bass are great but so is catching a pike or big pick or slab crappie. I feel like just fishing for bass is so one dimensional given how many other species are out there.

BTW, usually either Sat or Sun works for me.

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:29 pm

This one id like to keep at just bass but a pike tournament next year would be awesome.

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Thinking about maybe doing this the weekend after thanksgiving. What would people think about that either sat or sun if you guys wanna let me know what day is better ill set it all up.

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:11 am

I'm pretty sure I have both days open

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:24 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links