There are some big slabs in there.Pretty much black crappie.We caught white crappie at the nip,but not big ones.Definitely state pins in oldham.

Posted Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:22 pm

here's a few me and my buddy got from webster lake this spring and last spring, mine was 16'' and my buddies was 17.5'' and 1lb 10oz. they are a lot of fun on light tackle, tho we got these ones on 3 and 4 inch jerkbaits

Posted Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:28 pm

I don't eat any fish caught in freshwater, but I hear those crappies are excellent eating! I assume those with photos by houses eat theirs? What's the verdict? I remember back in the day watching Jerry McKinnis' "Fishing Hole" tv show and he used to absolutely love cooking those up, as well as bluegill.

Posted Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:07 pm

pocketfisherman

I don't eat any fish caught in freshwater, but I hear those crappies are excellent eating! I assume those with photos by houses eat theirs? What's the verdict? I remember back in the day watching Jerry McKinnis' "Fishing Hole" tv show and he used to absolutely love cooking those up, as well as bluegill.

I also heard the same?? Anyone try them on MAFF?

Posted Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:07 pm

Idk man, knowing Massachusetts waterways and some Massachusetts town's histories. I wouldn't trust the meat of any freshwater fish, except for maybe 1-2 isolated places I've fished in Plymouth and Central MA lol. Too much Mercury, and god only knows what else.

Posted Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:16 pm

i just caught a 1.46 lb. crappie last weekend. the thing was a slob haha. i hope to get the picture soon.

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Posted Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:21 pm

My 13yr old caught his 1lb crappie with a popper lure in May

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:46 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links