just wanted to say that my home lake webster lake has made the top 100 lakes in the usa. it ranks in at 95th which seems low but out of all the lakes in the country 95th isnt tht bad at all

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:17 pm

According to the EPA, there are 123,439 lakes in the U.S. (that’s a lot of lakes!). The vast majority of these are small, ranging from 10 to 25 acres in size. However, this number does not include lakes that are smaller than 10 acres, and it also excludes the Great Lakes.

I'd say 95th is pretty damn good

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:31 pm

On Sunday out of the 35 boat NEBA tourney only 4 boats had limits..Webster can be extremely on or off.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:42 am

I like fish there. 15LB 5 bass is pretty dam good over there. But, I don't think it could even made on the list. Based on what? Way off...

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:57 am

I LOVE Webster lake. My favorite lake to fish. If I had to pick one lake to hone my bass fishing skills, this would be it. It has EVERYTHING. Points, flats, humps, coves, docks, and about 25 different types of weeds. You can run a dozen different patterns on this lake.
Having said that there is NO way its top 100 in the country. When they put these lists together they want to make sure to put a couple lakes from each region just so they don't leave a potrion of their paying customers out. Just about every single lake in Cali, Florida, Texas, Georgia, Alabama and South carolina would all be better. Add Micihigan and Minnesota to that list as well. I know Cobbosse in Maine made it but it is not even the best lake in Maine.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:21 am

Sebago was like 63, and we all know there are better bass lakes in the neighborhood up there.

I hope one year they do a 100 best bass lakes in the world. They are catching 16lbers in South Africa, 13lbers in Zimbabwe, alleged 25-30lbers in Japan, and the Mexican record is 19lb. Not to mention all the great smallmouth lakes in Canada.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:54 am

centralmassfish

On Sunday out of the 35 boat NEBA tourney only 4 boats had limits..Webster can be extremely on or off.

thats extremely surprisng. it can be off and on but lately lots of limits were being brought in. maybe cause most people dont know where the fish are right now. ive been fishing webster shallower than anybody else past few days and have been slamming good limits

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 5:40 am

Is Webster the best bass lake in MA?
Or
Do you think there's better ones?

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 6:27 am

what about the quabbin?

Posted Wed May 01, 2013 6:48 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links