any active spawning seen at your spots or has the weather still put a hold on things??

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 7:54 am

americanspirit

any active spawning seen at your spots or has the weather still put a hold on things??

My area had one wave of spawning fish a few weeks back, then this weekend there was another wave that moved up, I saw groups of 5 to 8 bass grouped up together on beds this weather has them all messed up

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 8:07 am

Seen one yesterday sitting in a bed would not hit anything

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 9:13 am

Seen one yesterday sitting in a bed would not hit anything

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 9:15 am

Me too, went to Long pond in plymouth saw many fish but no takers. My friend threw everything at them even his new rod and reel (opps!) No takers. I agree, they are all screwed up. need some consistant weather.

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 11:52 am

I found patience pays off with spawning bass. You just have to irritate them to the point of attacking. I used a plastic craw and just kept dragging it across the bed until the fish had enough and went after it.

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Just want to bring up an ethical fishing dilemma. Is it a bad idea to catch a fish while on the bed?

I've heard that the nest pretty much gets raped and pillaged by sunnies and other small omnivores...yielding very few offspring if any, for that bass, for that year.

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Went to White hall res in Hopkinton the other day fishing was real slow place was packed and everyone coming off the lake said same thing need for that big bright yellow ball in the sky to heat things up again!

Posted Tue May 08, 2012 3:59 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links