Anyone here use it? It's the catch of the week and relatively cheap. I currently use a BPS Extreme and Quantum KVD thing. Thanks for any input on it.

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:02 pm

If your looking at a BPS reel you can't go wrong with the ProQualifier.

Also own a couple of Lews Speed spools, also great reels.

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:54 pm

I just looked at that reel online. They only have right handed. My extreme just crapped the bed. It's less than a year old. My pro qualifiers are awesome

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:10 pm

With the current rebate being offered on Shimano reels you can get a Citica for under $100 and a curado for like $120. Far superior reels to the BPS stuff for a bit more money. Better investment in the long run imo

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 am

I would steer clear of the cheap BPS reels, I haven't had great luck with them. I have an Extreme with the flipping button that stopped working shortly after I got it; the rest of the reel works fine though. I have a Pro Qualifier that I hate. It worked for a little while, then I took it apart to do a simple clean (ie . take off the side and spool, clean, lube and put back together) and it never worked the same. It's just been getting worse with time, but it wasn't that cheap, so I'm trying to make it last...

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:39 pm

volume4130

I would steer clear of the cheap BPS reels, I haven't had great luck with them. I have an Extreme with the flipping button that stopped working shortly after I got it; the rest of the reel works fine though. I have a Pro Qualifier that I hate. It worked for a little while, then I took it apart to do a simple clean (ie . take off the side and spool, clean, lube and put back together) and it never worked the same. It's just been getting worse with time, but it wasn't that cheap, so I'm trying to make it last...

note to self, don't clean pro qualifiers...check

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:34 am

that reel that is less than a year old....return it. BPS will do a no questions asked return if less than a year on their products

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:51 am

wnbassman

that reel that is less than a year old....return it. BPS will do a no questions asked return if less than a year on their products

do you need a receipt? My extreme is acting whacky. Like it has a stripped gear

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:56 am

Haha, I'll take that receipt...the reel is going on its 3rd season, but hasn't worked properly since the first year I got it...last year it sucked, but this year, its working even more poorly.

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:47 pm

My extreme is working better than ever actually, besides the fact that the flipping button doesn't work. I put 12lb mono on it, and throw crank baits for miles. I guess it just needed to age a little.

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Figured I'd just addon it on to this one, as many you probably have purchased from tacklewarehouse, it seems they have lowered all their Abu Garcia baitcasters by $30 permanently? Just a heads up for anyone thinking of purchasing any new reels!

Posted Tue May 01, 2012 6:45 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links