i agree that bassmaster is geared more towards southern fishing and the amount of adds make me feel like im watching roland martin but thats why i like it, i feel it expands my knowledge to beyond just local tactics and i actually enjoy the adds alot of them give me ideas on future purchases or how to modify existing gear and tackle to work like a makeshift of whatever the add is trying to sell me. in fisherman is definately a great mag and more helpful in our real world situations but i like the pictures and ads in bassmaster

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:43 pm

there are always ads and sponsorship plugs so you need to take things with a grain of salt...at least half of the pictures of fish with a specific lure in their mouths is fake. but both magazines do have some good information. yes, a lot of it's geared towards the south but you can also frequently change "shad" to "bluegill" or "yellow perch."

i get those magazines because of the membership and i've considered doing a few open tournaments. in fisherman is good as well.

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:54 pm

They are all good mags lots of good tips like Sam says just addapt.
I like the North American Fisherman myself they cover a broad range from stripers, trout, salmon, small and largemouth bass.

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Bass Angler Magazine is a good one. I like em all to read while I'm dropping a nice big grumpa

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:51 pm

jbigun

Bass Angler Magazine is a good one. I like em all to read while I'm dropping a nice big grumpa

I read this board while Im doing that!

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:23 pm

All my Bassmaster's get read in the executive washroom

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:28 pm

biggz53

jbigun

I read this board while Im doing that!

That too! At work on the shitter - like a mini vaca

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:28 pm

IN Fisherman it is I just ordered it 16 issues 20 bucks. Thanks Guys.

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:46 pm

Was there a MAFF discount?

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:48 pm

I didn't look for one. They had 2 options 8 for 12 or 16 for 20.

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:55 pm

good deal

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:02 pm

For me I like reading Bass Angler Magazine. It has some informative articles.

http://www.bassanglermag.com

I subscribe to Bass Master, FLW and Bassin.

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:36 pm

jbigun

On the side of the road on the way to meet a fishing partner

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 pm

stratos1966

jbigun

That was you?

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:27 am

shawneramone

stratos1966

jbigun

That was you?

Point of no return at the intersection of Rt. 9 & I-95. I think I blew a hole in the pavement.

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:16 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links