Taking a trip out to Bare Hill Pond this weekend. Anyone have any tips on spots or patterns?

Thank you in advance for the info!

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 am

fish all wood with a jig ,fish the island `s back side and all -around it,throw a fdrog on the outside edges of the heaviest weeds

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:45 pm

After you fish the island, which usually holds some smallmouth, Head into the slop area and throw a frog in the pads and weeds.You will see the area, and it is shallow, make sure to have at least 30# braid if its a calm day you can see the bass like piranah chasing down your lure. If the are chasing it and are pretty active, try a senko, un weghted texas riged across the top of the pads, and don't be afraid to move it quickly like a spinner-bait. and give it a few jerks every once in a while The fish will knock the hell out of it. P.S. don't set the hook till you feel the fish. Lat time there I caught 2-5s and 2-4s there, not to mention 2-s an 3-s

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:50 am

Is there any other access to this place besides the Town Ramp?

For a kayak or topper?

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:26 am

I'll let you know if there is another area to launch.

Also, Thanks for all the info!! Greatly appreciated

Posted Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Going to fish bare hill pond this coming Monday. Is there a fee to use boat ramp? Is the boat ramp lady going to be there to get the fee?.
I saw another lake in the area called Mirror lake. Anyone got info on that lake?. Where is boat ramp for both places?.

Posted Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:07 pm

if the ramp people are there i believe it is $25

Posted Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:43 pm

I think the launch lady has been replaced by a much younger group, at least on the weekends. Get in before 9am and leave after they leave (which is somewhere between 5pm and 7:30pm and there is no launch fee. Otherwise they will get you coming or going. The old launch lady used to be there really early.

No good info on Mirror Lake. Its on Ft Devens I believe so you will need access but not really sure about that.

Posted Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:06 pm

On saturday there were 2 young girls watching the gate. Its still $25. I didn't see any other possible launch areas but theres got to be a few for a cartopper/kayak.

Ended up with 11 fish total but nothing over 3 lbs. Top 5 weighed 11lbs. Hooked up on jigs, lizards, senkos and brush hogs hooked carolina style. was hoping for one on the frog but it didn't happen.

Great pond. good day for first time there......going back soon.

Posted Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks for the info Dr.

Posted Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:33 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links