Would anyone one be interested in a weekend trip or sort of a one day fishing tournament.
yes,
100%
 100%  [ 7 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

So what do you think fellas, sunday july 27th 9-3
glen charlie?

Posted Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:21 am

johnnybag-a-bass

So what do you think fellas, sunday july 27th 9-3
glen charlie?

I like Sunday because some people may work on Saturday. 9 to 3 could be tough just because its the middle of the summer and could really slow down the action as we get into 11 - 12 o'clock. I know some of you have to travel so I don't know if you would like to start earlier 7am to 1 pm. We could also have an afternoon tournnament say 2pm to 7 pm. I also sent a message to Dave O who said he may come up from CT to get in. He said he would let us know on the messageboard. I also have a few other friends who are interested. We should have no problem fielding at least 5 teams. If we can get this thing off and everyone has a good time I say we have another one in August. Either northshore or cental Ma and have you guys up there pick a place. Very Happy One other thing, we need to know who has boats and who doesn't.

Posted Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:50 am

I like the 7-1 idea, the place looks pretty big, is there enough open shore fishing to be had. or is it mostly hiking through the woods to find spots?
and is there more than one public acces boat ramps to be had?

Posted Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:47 am

johnnybag-a-bass

I like the 7-1 idea, the place looks pretty big, is there enough open shore fishing to be had. or is it mostly hiking through the woods to find spots?
and is there more than one public acces boat ramps to be had?

It has a pulbic acsses with a boat ramp with plenty of parking. I have to check ramp itself it was in tough shape last time I saw it. Its a sand ramp and had a bid pile of sand next to it which I believe was to fix it. A john boat or canoe can easily be put in without using ramp. Thats why I asking who has boats and what they have. I would like to get who ever doesn't have a boat in one.

Posted Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:39 am

I have a Canoe. no motor just paddles. I talked to timwag and he is in so i guess that fills mine to the max for a team. sunday is definetly the best day i am comeing back from vaca on friday and will need atleast 1 day to get my sanity back from my 2 kids and i believe timwag will be working on saturday. let us know on a definate date and time. if everyone cant get in to a boat, will we all have to fish from shore? or does it suck to be them.

Posted Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:15 pm

i'd say it sucks to be them.
which might be me and meat, lol.
no biggie i might be able to secure a boat for the day.
so am i correct in saying we have at least three teams so far?
me and meat
lone and petro
and mikey and ?

that would be awesome, i can't wait to meet you guys and have a few brews should be a fun day

Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:30 pm

jimmy i have timwag coming with me , so thats 1 team right there

Posted Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:23 pm

Checked out boat ramp. it been redone so if anyone does have a trailor there all set. Jonny if you can't find a boat,I may be able to get one for you and Meat. I don't have a partner yet, but will see if Doug whants to get in on a team with me. I have to see who Petra is going to team up with. I have a few other interested people. So we should have 5 teams anyway. Most people that I have talked to like the sound of Sunday the 27th, 7am to 1pm. We can all go out after for some brews and eats. Plus while your here you might want to bring some salt gear for later Very Happy

Posted Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:25 pm

i'm definately in.

Posted Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:23 pm

I don't wanna' be "Joe- Official " here, 'cause we're amongst friends. Any tournament that I'm aware of would disallow live or cut bait. It was all artiicial.

I have no problem with limits on tackle, or no limits. Just wanna' know if shiners, for obvious reasons, are aloud. Smile

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:34 am

I dont think we should allow the use of live or cut bait. Artifical is the fair way.

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:26 am

Tourney rules if everyone agrees.

No live bait.
No trolling.
Dead fish at weigh in is minus 4 oz.
Must be at weigh in on by 1p.m. or your out.
Not aloud to leave boat.
Top 5 fish per boat.
Any other ideas? Please post them so we're all on the same page.

Also is everyone happy with Sunday July 27th 7am to 1pm?

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:01 am

Ya, that sounds good to me. We all definately gotta have some kind of live well to give those fish a chance to survive. Wheather is a real live well or like mikey said earlier a big cooler with aerater attached to it.

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:41 am

Another Rule:

Measurement of Bass - 12in minimum and above...that work for everyone.

As far as weighing them all. Im fine with using a digital scale as long as it the same one used for all the fish. I have two of them and Im sure a few of you guys have one. Who ever has the nicest one I guess.

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:46 am

All the rules seem fine,Except if you have to go the bathroom,You should be ble to leave the boat,Providing you bring you toilet paper with you.lol.No but everything looks good,i'm glad we have had the feedback that we had,I have a few suggestions or ideas
1.Leave boat(only to do #2) also some exceptions,we'll discuss.
2.Must be committed to Tourney.1 week prior to fish date.
I'll be Striper fishing with Mikey later today,we'll disscuss the payouts and minor details,and don't worry guy's all the money that we put up will all go into the till,and whoever wins,wins,the only one making money will be the winners.just thought i would put that out there. Cool

Posted Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:28 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links