Hi,
I am travelling to Bostom a couple of time in the arly new year and was after some info about fishing opportunities in the region. Prepared to travel within the State and surrounds to get onto some good fishing. Any tips, help, suggested charters & guides or even an invite would be great. I can return the favour for anyone heading to Australia.

Cheers,

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:12 pm

welcome aboard mate. what type of fish you looking to catch?

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Hey kman,
Anything really. Im not sure what you guys have over there, except Bass & Salmon. Thats why I ask for some tips and advice. Im a keen lure caster, troller and even dabble in fly but again any type of fishing would be OK. Fresh or Salt.

Cheers

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:35 pm

Come January and February most fresh water will be frozen. There may be a few places on Cape Cod open ( not frozen) but it is a crap shoot year to year. Not a lot of salt water boats go out in those months either. You could not have picked a worse time of the year (fishing opportunity wise) to visit

Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Yeah I gathered as much. What about Ice Fishing for Salmon? Is that an option on the frozen lakes & rivers? We dont have a Salmon fishery as such, some Atlantic which was introduced but size is very small in comparison. Even the trout fishery here isnt much to brag about, except for Tasmanias wild trout fishery. Most mainland trout fishing is from impoundments and these are typically small fish up to 10lb if your lucky but typically 2-4lb. It would be great to get into some bigger salmonids while Im there.

Should point out the times I'll be there are mid Feb & then again in April.

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:10 am

I posted on your other thread before I read this one, and it seems like they said the same thing as I did...

Salmon are definitely around and available to catch through the ice, several ponds throughout the state stock them, and if they don't get caught, they just keep getting bigger!

Here's the list of ponds that were stocked last winter, its likely that the same will be stocked this year:
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/fisheries/anadromous/broodstock_salmon_stocking.htm

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 am

If you are going to be in Massachusetts in April, stop in the forum. I am sure someone would be willing to take you out and put you on some Largemouth Bass. Most of us shut down for the winter, but we will be back full swing come April. If you are interested in Bass, I will personally take you out and get you on some fish.

Posted Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Go catch a party boat in Rhode Island and go catch cod and pollack. They are cheaper then charters. Supply the rods reels and bait.
I believe Helen H in Hyannis still runs in the winter. They are in the cape. They also go for cod haddock and pollack

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 am

Thanks kman. April it might just have to be. Will get back to you.

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:52 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links