Did anyone else fish yesterday, Fri sept 3, in the morning or afternoon before the front came through and do EXCELLENT? I went figuring what better pre-front conditions than before a potential hurricane. I was hoping for a decent day, but it was incredible. I got to the water late morning and it was dead calm. The water was like glass. Fish were swirling everywhere even little minnows were popping up. Two really big fish jumped. I was dissapointed I didnt have my topwater settup. I tossed a rod out with an ocho worm set it down and started throwing a jig and caught a nice 3 lber. Soon after that another. I said forget about working that ocho and started moving up the shore with my jig. I caught 4.5 lber and few more 2.5-3s. My phone rang and my friend was across the lake and wanted me to come over and join him. I relluctantly left my hotspot and started gathering my gear. I went to real in my rod with the ocho worm and couldnt find it. I was bull!#$@, someone stole my best spinning rod. I was looking around the area I had left it, nothing. Then I looked about ten feet into the reservoir and my rod was out there, under water! I ran out after it, set the hook just in case, and sure enough a fish was there. I reeled in and it was maybe 2 lbs, and he yanked my whole settup in. Now, I hadnt moved this worm or given it any action whatsoever for over 30 minutes and a bass still took it. Anyways, the fishing was AWESOME yesterday, anyone else find that to be true?

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:38 am

bassmonkey,

i posted about my concord river trip. lots of surface hits, but just one fish landed. the fish were there, i just couldn't stick them. where were you fishing?

charlie

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:29 pm

wow, what a day, bassmonkey!! CONGRATS!

I didn't get to go yesterday, but I did go earlier this week... I didn't get even a single hit & I tried EVERYTHING. Frustrating as hell. Sad

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:17 pm

Middleton resevoir

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:45 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links