anything i should know about Lake Cochichewick? Can you take boats in there? Launch? Big Bass?

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Huge lake! Ramp is huge as well, make sure you have your s*** together, guys in GREEN are always there! ramp drops off FAST, last time I was there gate didnt open until 8am plus $5 to get in once it is open. Sound horn BEFORE you try and go through or under any bridge. The depth in there has a huge range as well 5 feet to 40 feet. Good luck!

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:31 pm

also make sure you have your permit from the town as well!

Posted Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:15 pm

I've heard it called the Dead Sea...but then I've also heard stories of some monster bass and salmon coming out of there. I've never had a ton of luck there, but I have a feeling there are some good fish there, definitely. The launch is huge.

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Never fished it but it is an electric only cartopper lake.

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm an idiot....I read Cochichewick and thought Cochituate, looks like Meatballs and I did the same thing...there is no boat launch there, you have to walk your boat down a hill to get to the lake, cartopper only.

Chuck is right, electric only and technically you're supposed to be a resident of North Andover. That being said, I have fished there twice open water and several times on the hardwater. Open water yielded nothing to write home about, but my buddy caught a few nice ones at night there last year. Ice fishing I've caught tons of panfish and a lot of pickerel.

They are in there, just have to put in some time.

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Volume, your right I thought the same thing, good heads up Chuck!

Posted Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:13 pm

[quote="volume4130"]I'm an idiot....I read Cochichewick and thought Cochituate, looks like Meatballs and I did the same thing...there is no boat launch there, you have to walk your boat down a hill to get to the lake, cartopper only.quote]

I thought the same thing too! I thought it was just being mispelled. That reminds me of something Ted. Back in the day, when Chet owned and ran Arlington Tackle, he used to tell the Kman and I to go up to Andover and fish there. Well, we thought he was talking about Cochitute and figured he was just confused, until many years afterwards, we found the place he was talking about. He was good for sending you on what you thought were "Wild goose chases" and then we'd eventually find where he was talking about (although we never did find the steel docks Kman, where were they supposed to be again?).

Good memorys of that store and with Chet (RIP) and Bill was pretty entertaining to follow! Cool

Posted Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:29 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links