I will be up on newfound lake all weekend. I've never fished this lake before and will be primarily trying to catch smallmouth. I'll be fishing from a kayak. If anyone has any advice for this lake I would be interested in hearing it. Thanks

Posted Thu May 02, 2013 4:58 pm

I can't wait to fish it again.
I wana jig up some lake trout in the summer

Posted Thu May 02, 2013 7:28 pm

This is an awesome lake for smallies! I know the lake very well and have fished it extensively. Fishing the shallows along the eastern sides and pay attention to the drop offs.

Posted Thu May 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Read the info sent to Willy 68 last week.

Try the back side of Mayhew island (opposite side from the main lake). Boulders everywhere. If you can find a few live crayfish the night before....you'll be guaranteed smallies over there especially if you get out there early.

The islanads near wellington state park produce also

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 9:36 am

Just came back. Lucky had one 18 inch came on Lucky Craft Staysee jerkbait early morning North west bank. In the middle of day I lost a 18 inch at boat. Same bait. The rest of the day was struggling. Water temp was 48 in the morning, never went above 50. The north end is very rocky and snaggy. It is shallow. For me, I don't feel comfortable to fish deeper than 30 feet. Perhaps they are at 50-60 feet. My lousy sonar didn't find any good bottom in that depth. Anyone want to come up there may wait couple more weeks.

Posted Fri May 03, 2013 6:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links