Posted Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Looks like it would be good for the summertime. I don't think I'd want to use it when its cold or choppy out, looks like you'd get pretty wet.

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:05 pm

I always catch good bass under pontoons. If you get that boat can I follow you around skipping my jig at you? Laughing

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:34 am

What's the cost on that thing? I'd go more with a cartopper. this is what I have. Strap it to the top of my Ford Focus.
http://www.basshunter.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=8

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:41 am

I have a Bass Hunter. Works great. Enough room for paddles, battery, trolling motor, two people, seats, tackle box, net, 4 poles. I load it right up and have no problem. 35lb thrust Trolling motor moves it nicely.

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:31 am

bass hunters are over 100lbs...some even 135lbs, I can't see that as being too easy to manhandle, if your solo.

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:50 pm

Well mine is 120-135lbs its the 10ft version. I would not suggest moving it by yourself to far. I usually put it on top of my jeep and although it is possible to do from the back and slide it up without hurting the jeep. If you dont have a roof rack and a towel you may end up scratching the rear door =).

It is possible to use these solo however i would not suggest it. Unless you get a small trailer for it.

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:29 pm

My Basshunter is 125 but I carry it by myself. There are tons of places that you can just pull up, take it off the roof and throw it in the water.

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:07 pm

the basshunters are sweeeeet - dunno if i can put one on the roof of my car, would like to...bassmobile away!!

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:37 pm

hahahahaha I failed to mention that I have a beater Ford Focus that I put it on top of. It's all scratched up and dented. I plan on getting a trailer for next season so I can use my new Mitsubishi Outlander. I can't imagine getting the basshunter on its roof without some serious scratches. I didn't trade the Focus in so I could use it for carrying the boat. Love my Focus/basshunter combo.

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:08 pm

As long as you have a car, and a place to put the boat. I suggest the basshunter. It is sturdy as hell with two people, and light enough to put on a car by yourself if need be.

I wouldn't bother with the other things if you have a way to transport the boat. Chances are your going to end up wanting something a little more sturdy in the long run anyways. So why not just get something you can be happy with, as apposed to just satisfied. Not to metion you can always put a trolling motor in it as well.

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:49 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links