I definitely want to head there since I found out the T stops right by there. I am a person who doesn't mind walking several miles for good fishing so if anyone knows the best spot to shore fish I would be grateful. Also what time of the evening is most productive there. I don't want to waste any time since it's going to be a really long trip for me. I am also willing to entertain the idea of carpooling there as well if anyone wants to go some evening or morning.

What is the main type of gear I should have. I have a few nice topwater rapala lures and a nice rebel popper if it's super weedy and a few frogs. My 6'10" baitcasting rod is spooled with 65lb test power pro. I also have a nice 1 oz. tungsten weight for punching which I'm totally new to. I just don't want to head out here with insufficient gear if I'm going to be taking such a long trip. What has worked well for people here in the past for shore fishing?

Posted Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:49 pm

I'd suggest pulling up a map of the lake so you can get a good feel of the shore access areas. Near the boat ramp is a large clear area that extends for the entire shore on the west end of the lake I believe. There's a damn located directly in the center. I like to fish either off of the damn (there's a weed line about 50' out that drops into deep water) or on either side of the damn. Further down is an area with cattails and water grass. This is a prime location for throwing frogs. It's really tough to use any lure here as the weeds are incredibly thick. I'd use a texas rigged worm or creature bait in a dark color. Fishing directly off the boat ramp can prove productive as well.

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:59 pm

The area to the right of the launch has been productive over the years for me.

Right now the pond is more weeds than water though so as the previous poster suggested weedless/topwater is the only option.

If you cast Senkos there you'll eventually catch some fish.

It's better to fish from shore in the spring.

Good luck.

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:06 pm

I was there Saturday from shore, didn't make a cast. Thank God Chauncey was down the road. You could walk across the weeds at Stump

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Well I do have a nice 6' 10" bait caster to throw some frogs on with 65lb braid. I have all sorts of weedless stuff. I doubt I'll throw any of my plugs since they are too expensive to lose. I can punch some mats with my new 1 oz tungsten weight. Also just bought a new bag of 5" senkos in watermelon magic. I'll just have to bring my whole arsenal. Hopefully I can pull something out fishing the slop. I bet there are so many bass hiding under it.

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:31 pm

I was there a couple of weeks ago. It was raining and the fish were roaming a bit. Frogs and buzzbaits were the winners with a couple of jig fish. I was on a boat though

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:35 pm

I was there recently with my canoe and got 24 bass, 2piks. nothing bigger than 2 lbs. I fished the weed pockets just dropping the bait in them but it will be really tough from shore. looks like a carpet in places.

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:26 am

Everyone saying the place looks more like a carpet of weeds than a lake is spot on. I posted a trip a week or so ago and used those exact words. It's a great spot to fish but I think I'll personally hold off until the weeds start to die before I hit it again.

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links