hey guys my club is having out annual meeting in a few weeks and we have to discuss what lakes we want to fish all the lakes we fish are deep and clear and i want to change it up a bit does anyone know of any shallower weedy lakes in NH

Posted Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:56 pm

Pawtuckaway is one. Canobie is another. Most of the southern NH lakes have weeds

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:09 am

it might be difficult to have a tournament at canobie with the ramp being far away from the small parking lot. i think northwoods has weeds if i remember correctly but again, very small launch and parking area.

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:37 pm

samf

it might be difficult to have a tournament at canobie with the ramp being far away from the small parking lot. i think northwoods has weeds if i remember correctly but again, very small launch and parking area.

I personally have never fished Canobe, but I know of some clubs and organizations that have had tournies there.

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:10 pm

thanks guys

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:41 pm

it would just be a pain IMO. dunno how big the club or organization is but there's really not a lot of parking and the spaces are more suitable for a cartopper. getting a bunch of trailers in there might be more trouble than it's worth although it had / has some good fish.

it's not the typical weedy and shallow place that you may be requesting.

it actually gets pretty deep and the water is very clear but there are some shallow weeds and that weird "bell" type weed in up to about 15'.

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:25 pm

I've spent some time on Island Pond in Stoddard, and that gets pretty weedy. I've been on there when tournaments are happening too. Check Highland right up the street too...Weeds in the shallows, but also deeps. Great lake

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:41 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links