I've got a 5-6 hour window to do some fishing tomorrow. Since I'll be solo, I'll just take some casts from the shore. Since I am new to the Billerica area, I wanted to see if anyone would share a good spot where I could catch some smallmouth bass from the shore? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:25 am

are there stretches to fish the merrimack from shore? some guys on here fish it from a boat and might be able to provide more info.

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:13 am

samf

are there stretches to fish the merrimack from shore? some guys on here fish it from a boat and might be able to provide more info.

I've cruised/partied on the Merrimack many times, but fished it just a few times. We drop the boat in Lowell and head up north. I could always fish from the launch, but the boat traffic could mess up my fishing. I haven't had much luck fishing there. A few smaller largemouth and a few perch. If there is a good smallie area from the shore, I'd be curious to know.

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:21 am

If you can shoot up 495 in Lawrence, you can get a shot at Large and Small, maybe even a Northern Pike for good measure.

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks so much for the close-up. I just pulled up this spot on Google Earth and it looks like I could definitely pull in a few bass. Hopefully the smallies are hitting harder tomorrow! I'll post any picture-worthy fish.

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Good chance of a pike there too

Posted Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:31 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links