Had the day off today so went to Beaver pond in Milford only to find that it was blocked off with a concrete pad! Tried to drive around for an alternative route but it’s surrounded by concrete pads. I asked an operator there if it was still OK to fish because it was blocked and he said I can walk down there. Didn’t ask for any details as he looked like he didn’t appreciate me asking him and seemed like had an attitude. This sucks, no access to the boat ramp unless you want to walk a 100 yards. Such a nice big pond and that's the only access, what a jerk Evil or Very Mad Whats up with Varney Brothers? Mad Anyone?

Thanks
Stump

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:55 am

You mean Beaver behind the cement company?

Place stinks anyways... Very Happy

That sucks...another place gone.

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:11 pm

That is an odd pond! Looks fishy as hell but the bites have been hard to come by in the few times i've been there. I'm not a huge fan of tannic water ponds when i'm looking for big fish. They're there, there just aren't many of them IMO.

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:39 pm

I used to fish there growing up. My biggest was just over 5lbs. I was never really impressed with the place. It looks good but never produced like I thought it should.

Oh well....another pond closed...surprise surprise

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:57 pm

"That is an odd pond! Looks fishy as hell but the bites have been hard to come by" I said the exact same thing on a post earlier this year.I was really excited when I found the place last year but it left me disappointed after a couple of trips. did get a 4 with a rapala and a few on jigs.

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:28 pm

oldfisher

"That is an odd pond! Looks fishy as hell but the bites have been hard to come by" I said the exact same thing on a post earlier this year.I was really excited when I found the place last year but it left me disappointed after a couple of trips. did get a 4 with a rapala and a few on jigs.

Well, with all due respect "old fisher" i'm glad I agree with you sir!

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:49 pm

I really thought this was going to be my honey hole Mad Old fisher you may have responded to my post. I was asking about this pond this summer as I found it on the map. 10 minutes from house, great boat ramp, and looks like a great place to fish! Only been 3 times and it was hard fishing but I figure its so big I just haven’t found the spot. This is the second access to a pond / river I lost this week. The Town of Blackstone or I assume its them closed / gated access to the Blackstone River behind the old Tupperware building. I know they were always upset about the trash left behind from the partiers; maybe that’s why they gated it off. In any case for the guys the buy the licenses and pick up after themselves and others gets the s*** end on the stick. Evil or Very Mad
Thanks for replying, its nice to hear peoples thoughts and opinions Exclamation Great website

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Bummer to hear that this place is closed off now.

It's not too far from me and has been on my list of places to check out for some time.

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:44 pm

jjbagoose

Bummer to hear that this place is closed off now.

It's not too far from me and has been on my list of places to check out for some time.

Well from what I was told you can still fish there you just have to carry your boat. Its pretty far, over the cement pads, down a hill and some. Doable but not sure if its worth the trip, it wasn't for me.

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:13 pm

if you go on a weekend you may be able to drive thru the yard instead of around it.

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pm

oldfisher

if you go on a weekend you may be able to drive thru the yard instead of around it.

I tried that yesterday and its blocked off as well. For some reason they don't want any vehicles in there. Someone must have done something stupid. That's just a guess Wink

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Slobs and there trash are probably to blame I know everytime I've been there the place was littered with worm packages and garbage just like everywhere else these days if you bring something fishing with you TAKE IT HOME!!!!!!

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:04 pm

bshirley508

Slobs and there trash are probably to blame I know everytime I've been there the place was littered with worm packages and garbage just like everywhere else these days if you bring something fishing with you TAKE IT HOME!!!!!!

I agree but there's always a few idiots out there to ruin it for everyone Evil or Very Mad Its like cleaning up after my kids.

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:02 pm

oldfisher

Sorry, I get it, you think they may open it up for the weekends. Maybe

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:14 pm

stump

oldfisher

Sorry, I get it, you think they may open it up for the weekends. Maybe

nope I meant it might be open that way cause I used to see their trucks back there. thought maybe it was just closed to prevent traffic on that hill

not a big deal cause the fishing wasn't good anyway

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:30 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links