A significant drop off in activity? Went out yesterday wading and had a pretty good outing. No big guys, but a ton of mediums, and they were nailing the topwater frog. I went last season a ton, but towards the end really didn't know how to fish the fall despite hearing from a ton of people that it is great. I have an activity calendar that says it should be great until about november, then slowly taper off until about december.

I'm on the north shore btw, right on the coast for reference. What's your experiences around here?

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 pm

It is the increase in activity that you should be anticipating Exclamation As the water temp drops the feeding activity will increase up until the turnover is complete. Then it will slow down significantly, normally around the beginning of November. If I can find open water, I catch bass all winter Exclamation

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:35 am

try Carolina or Texas rigged plastics. worm, creature baits. I am finding watermelon seed color is working for me. friend is using brown powerbait worm is also working.

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:12 am

As it starts getting colder and the days start getting shorter, the bass begin to feed heavily to fatten up for the winter. With cooler daytime temps they'll be more apt to strike during the daylight hours as opposed to dusk/early morning.

Like it was posted above, creature baits and worms are a good choice in lures to use. Bass always hang near cover and when it becomes less abundant they can sometimes be easier to locate. Personally when the weeds start to die off I begin using big spinners and cranks to cover as much area as possible.

Overall the bass activity should increase and stay steady until about mid October/the beginning of November.

Posted Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Does night bassing still work at all? And Hows the bite been for everyone else?

Posted Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:29 pm

fishinbev

Yes you can fish 365 days night fishing.... I envy anyone who can night fish in the winter and slam a pig.

Posted Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:23 am

fishinbev

It's been very very slow for me. Nothing over 2lbs recently. Then again I've been pretty lazy and have only been fishing at the local ponds instead of making a trip to a place with bigger/healthier fish populations

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:06 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links