Hey I want to know if there's any pickerel hot spots about 20 mins or less out of woburn/ winchester I go to horn pond a lot and haven't had luck I've seen 1 in a secret pond but it didn't bite so I was just wondering because I haven't caught one yet and I really want to....also lakes with pike or muskie are fine also

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:50 pm

It's a tough day when you don't catch any pickerel. Confused

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Most ponds and lakes around have pickerel use flashy baits like spinner baits and rooster tails. I honestly don't catch many cause I don't use spinners and such. But if you want to Target them its a good place to start slluggos will work well too fast moving baits seem to catch more picks

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:56 pm

Lake Winthrop in Holliston has MONSTER picks. I guess someone snagged a 9lber out of there earlier this year according to Jerry over at Jerry's Bait & Tackle. I believe it too. I've fished that place religiously for years and constantly hook into solid sized pick. The place is a breeding ground for big picks and bass (PB 6.5lb LM out of there)

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:02 am

Pickerel are also total suckers for large minnows fished with a simple bobber/float rig. It's almost impossible not to catch them if you toss the bait right on the edge of a shallow weedline

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:04 am

It may be pushing your 20 minute zone but the Chestnut Hill Reservoir is completely filled with pickerel. Its a small pond that I don't think have any bass in it. Some may argue there is bass in there, but the pickerel is the dominant species in the pond. Also some big crappie in there. Haven't been there in a couple of years but I caught some big slim rockets there.

Posted Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:58 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links