Plan A was to take the Jon boat and head to a local pond. I get the Jon boat loaded up and my brain starts turning. I have a better idea, since I am going to a crawdad pond tomorrow, just load it up and save having to tranfer everything over tonight. I reload everything in the crawdad except.... my camera. Sad sorry for the crappy cell phone pics and the placement of the bass. Sad

Got on the water about 9:30 and decided to start with creature baits in the weeds because the wind had not yet come up. 4-5 cookie cutter 2-3lb fish to show for my efforts . By 11 the wind had made an appearance. I moved to the open water and started throwing the BIG WOOD!!! About 30 mins in I connect with my 1st fish and the bbig fish of the day at 6lb 8 ounces. She hit cranking it down over sumberged coontail and next to an offshore pad patch. About another 1/2 hour goes by and I get another quality bite although smaller at 4lbs even. Again I was cranking down my own swim bait over submerged coontail 4-5' down. 4-5 cats later i get hit again, this one is a bit bigger then the last at 4lb 7 oz.... same deal cranking down. Things died down off shore after that so i went back to the mats for another go.... same deal as before... several 2-3lb fish. I called it a day at 2. 12 or 13 bass for the day with the best 5 going over 20lbs.

Again I am sorry for the position of the bass.

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:48 pm

you're a big fish machine. i love that place.

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Maybe someday you can figure out how to post pics like you've figured out the pigs

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:22 pm

shawneramone

Maybe someday you can figure out how to post pics like you've figured out the pigs

Tell me what I am doing wrong Mr. Awesome.... seriously... tell me Laughing

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Some nice fish there Rich. Must be even better catching them on a homemade bait.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:10 am

Some pigs for sure.. You must be loving that lure.

Congrats

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:09 am

nice fish rich. must be the special French Canadian sauce u put on those baits. lol

Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:10 am

lavaman

nice fish rich. must be the special French Canadian sauce u put on those baits. lol

Poutine?? Does that work?

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:50 pm

volume4130

lavaman

Poutang sauce

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:49 pm

stratos1966

volume4130

lavaman

Poutang sauce

Haha, well played

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:57 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links