I start my commute from Northbridge to Boston every morning at around 5:30. I pass a pond on my way to work and have stopped at it in the past to make a cast or two before work. Yesterday it proved to be a good choice as I caught a nice solid 2-3 pound fish on the Pats Perch. This morning I set the alarm for a half hour earlier. I had a hunch Wink I stopped at the pond at 6:00am, which would give me about 15-20 minutes fishing time, allow me to stop for a coffee, and still have time to make the dreaded 1 hour commute to work. It only took 10 minutes this morning. About 200 yards down the bank from where I caught the fish yesterday I saw some huge swirl rings up near shore. I walked down to investigate. I figured it was probably from a duck or a goose but when I got there I didn't see anything. I took one cast along the shoreline in very shallow water next to some pads and started creeping the Pats Perch and it got crushed. The fight was short as she hit only about 30 feet away. As soon as I grabbed her I new she was one of the best bass I've ever caught, easily the biggest largemouth I've laid my hands on in about 10 years. Just as I was trying to figure out how to take a decent picture a nice lady stopped her car and asked if I would like here to take a picture. Unfortunately she only got one decent picture out of about a dozen but it's still better then the extended arm picture or the shake & bake bass picture I would have taken. I don't own a scale so I don't have an official weight but she was released in very good condition. :salute:

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:43 am

Beautiful fish Dan. Great way to start the day!!

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:44 am

The early bird does get the worm! AWESOME FISH!!

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:48 am

PUMPED for the rest of the day. Congrats!

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:55 am

nice slob

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:01 am

Thanks guys. Kind of bummed that the following picture came out so blurry. I wish I new a way to fix it. The lady who stopped had a hard time trying to figure out the camera phone. Crying or Very sad

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:32 am

Thanks guys. Kind of bummed that the following picture came out so blurry. I wish I new a way to fix it. The lady who stopped had a hard time trying to figure out the camera phone. Crying or Very sad

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:32 am

No matter of bluriness, the fish is obviously a cow! Wtg man!!

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:11 am

What a fantastic way to start the day! Great fish!

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:09 am

A beauty!

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:19 am

I'm new to this site and that's an awesome fish. My biggest so far is 7.01 on my Normark digital and that fish looks all of that. WTG and good luck next time. Very Happy

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:28 pm

bet we know what you talked about all day!

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Great story and WOW what beautiful fish...I would guestimate her at 7.5-8.0 LBS...nice catch and nice to hear she was released with a smile.

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:29 pm

What a pig

Tried cleaning up the photos a bit for you, not too much more I could do with the blurry one

Last edited by ejoy on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:16 am

ejoy

What a pig

Tried cleaning up the photos a bit for you, not too much more I could do with the blurry one

Thanks, that's definitely an improvement. Not much can be done when the photo is flat out junk but that's a lot better.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:19 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links