What street is the boat ramp on for Whitehall. Going to fish it tomorrow after work, should be there by 3:30 pm. Never fished it before. Any info would be appreciated.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:36 am

That is rt 135.... also known as Wood Street... I haven't fished it in a long time.... there's lots of weeds... and straight out (kind of) from the boat ramp is a series of islands.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:45 am

That is rt 135.... also known as Wood Street... I haven't fished it in a long time.... there's lots of weeds... and straight out (kind of) from the boat ramp is a series of islands.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:45 am

Very highly pressured lake from tournaments. There is a tournament there just about once a week from April to October. The fish have seen everything.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:54 am

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:10 am

they love the worm there. and so do the pickerel. still a decent place to go if you're looking to catch a ton of fish.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:10 am

Why does my post keep reposting? Grrrr sorry guys

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:25 am

Thanks for the info. The tournaments on lakes in Mass are out of hand
That is why i like going up to Maine to fish. They regulate their tournaments much better. They don't allow permit tournaments
every weekend on the lakes. They only allow tournaments a few times on each lake.New Hampshire doesn't regulate tourney's
either, but the fishing is still better than in Mass. and that's why
I fish NH more than Mass. I fish Maine a few times a year. If anyone is ever interested in going to Maine to fish let me know. Might be going to Maine the weekend of Sept. 27th.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:45 am

Last time I was there I caught a half a million picks walking the dog

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:51 am

last time I went by there on a weekend there were at least 30-40 trailers, the lot was overflowing, ugh, we skip that place now, but my wife got her pb there many years ago

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:05 am

I grew up on Whitehall and it's sad to see what tournaments have done to the fishing there. The place gets pounded harder then a Las Vegas hooker. That being said, it still gives up large fish here and there but it used to be much better. Every spot on the lake looks good, it's got lillys, millfoil, shallow water, some deeper water, trees, stumps, just about everything bass want. Be careful of the floating islands (otherwise known as quags) They are floating masses of mud, muck, sticks, and stumps that come up off the bottom of the lake and float right at or just underneath the surface and they move around. I've seen many expensive bass rigs ruin their day by hitting them.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:20 am

that really seems to be the common theme unfortunately doesn't it? i've seen a few places that never really had tournaments now get crushed every weekend...sometimes multiple tournaments in a day. ouch.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:58 pm

I went there last Wednesday and we caught mostly dinks! The place looks so great for catching bass everywhere you go as someone said, but they just weren't there that day. Could have been that particular day too? Maybe another day we'd of killed it, who knows? Not going to rule it out completely just yet though.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:09 pm

Whitehall does have a large amount of short fish but my buddy does have 2 8lb's from there...that keeps me going back a few times a year

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:09 pm

I live about 15 minutes from Whitehall and I refuse to fish it. It's always swamped and like everyone else has said, the tournament pressure has really done a number on the fish. The entire lake looks like perfect bass habitat so it can be very difficult to locate them.

That being said it's a very nice large lake. Most of the shore is pretty undeveloped so it's good for a relaxing time out on the boat.

If you've never been before and are looking for a new spot to try I say give it a whirl. You can always pack up and go to Lake Maspenock down the road.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:32 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links