So like I said in yesterdays report, i was taking a couple days off with the type of weather we were having since I felt the Swim bait bite would be strong. Today was similar to yesterday but I got more fish on the swim bait and the mat fish were on the smaller side.

Headed to one of my favorite ponds this time of year. In years past the weeds would come in strong early but the last couple it has taken till September for things to set up right.I was on the water at 6:30 . It was overcast and the wing was already starting..... perfect!!!! I made my way around , caught a few smaller ones and missed on an opportunity on a hog. cast the bait on a weed edge and i did not even get a chance to move the bait...... WOOSH giant toilet bowl flush only problem is my bait was still sitting there. the fish totally missed it and would not come back.

The wind picked up even more as the sun broke out. I was cranking down my Bluegill bait I made. the thing will get down 6-7' on a long cast. The theme of the day was the fish would hit as the bait reached maximum depth about 1/2 way back to the boat. They would not touch it waked on top. Caught about 12 on that bait today ... best was a 5lb 9oz bass followed by a 4 lb 4 oz, a 4lb even and a 3lb 14 oz with a bunch of 2's and low 3's I never weighed, mixed in. For whatever reason they were in weeds in deeper water today.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Nice!! Some awesome fishing lately. Keep em coming!!

So after all those fish hows the homemade standing up to the abuse?
By the pictures it seems in good shape, cant even see any paint removed

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:52 pm

nice one. looks like the weather brought the green fog in too.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Thanks. I am using an epoxy finish. 1 coat of epoxy is like 4-5 coats of a spray finish.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:06 pm

rich what rod are you using for swimbaits? and how much do your baits weigh?

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Sam I have a shimano Crucial swimbait rod but I am throwing my baits on a shimano curcial 7' heavy flipping stick. I don't know what they weigh but you are the 3rd person to ask so I better weigh them. Thing is I make 2 different length baits , 7" and a 9". The 7 is really 5 1/2 plus the tail and the 9 is 7 1/2 plus the tail.

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Those shorts are special...

Posted Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:06 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links