Took Friday off to take my next door neighbor fishing. We have been trying to get out all year, finally got it done. We headed NW to what is quickly becoming one of my favorite ponds. My neighbor is VERY new to fishing, he is basically a shiner soaker. We started off practicing pitching right near the ramp since I felt this would be the #1 technique for the day. After 30 minutes or so he had the hang of it and we headed out to the main lake. Our 1st area was a good distance away so we slung senkos on the way and boated a few smaller fish. We hit a section of docks and my friend caught his 1st fish pitching a jig, not huge but he was excited. We pulled into a cove next with some pads and some wood and we put the frog to good use. Caught maybe 3 or 4 fish including a couple of 3's with a bunch of swings and misses. WE get to a really nice tree and I say to my neighbor.... aim for the "V". He pitches past it but reels it up to it on the surface and lets it drop. As soon as it passes by the "V" on the way to the bottom we see the swirl. He sets and has his PB bass in the boat, a 4lber. We continued rotating between a jig, the senko and a carolina rig. We come up to a set of pads and I throw the C-rig to the edge, reel up the slack and I feel that familiar tug, tug tug as the fish is swimming off with my brush hog. I set and a BIG mouth come to the surface and shakes her head. I keep her out of the pads and coming to the boat, she sees the boat and dives for the bottom..... snap!!! shes gone!!! 5+ all day :mellow: . My neighbor is putting a hurting on the fish with the senko. He must have caught a dozen between 1.5 and 2 lbs. The smile on his face said it all. I got another solid 3lber in a tree and we moved to the final area for the day. the neighbor is not used to 8 hours of fishing and he's fading fast. Its a deep cove with some heavy weed. I pick up the punch rod and start dissecting the mat. On about my 4th or 5th pitch I get heavy THUMP I set the hook and bring the big fish of the day in the boat....A tic under 5 at 4lbs 15 oz. We caught close to 25 bass for the day with a couple of 4's and a few 3's. best 5 was 19+. He's hooked and wants to go again.

Posted Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:44 am

Your neighbor will never be the same.

Right now he's researching boats on the internet with plans to go to bass pro and buy a new rod later.

Posted Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:53 am

What? You don't have enough of a following?

Posted Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:28 pm

awesome. nice job guys.

Posted Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:25 pm

Good stuff

Posted Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links