I'm thinking about hitting attitash this week and am wondering if anyone has been there recently. How's it fishing? How's the boat traffic? Weeds?

Posted Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:10 pm

shawneramone

I'm thinking about hitting attitash this week and am wondering if anyone has been there recently. How's it fishing? How's the boat traffic? Weeds?

No, same as always, sucks, gave it up 20 years ago

Posted Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:31 pm

FWIW, I'm there almost every other weekend.

There's are usually at least 10 boats on the water at any given time (ski, fish, pontoon/leisure), but the ramp usually has plenty of parking.

They have been inspecting boats for milfoil, as the Northeast of the lake is roped off as it has been overrun. Just outside the cove where "everyone" goes there's a lot of vegetation (you will see it just under the surface).

I haven't pulled anything massive out of there for bass, 3lb range and under, but as some prior posters have shown, there's monster pickerel lurking (not my thing).

I more or less go there now to hang on the boat with the kids on nice days. If I catch some fish, great, if not, I enjoyed being outside with my kids.

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:10 am

you should go. it's always been a great fishery. try to find those offshore humps and isolated weed beds. then use your new skills in the afternoon.

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:35 am

samf

you should go. it's always been a great fishery. try to find those offshore humps and isolated weed beds. then use your new skills in the afternoon.

Why would shawn juggle chain saws blind folded while singing yankee doodle dandy with a black widow on the tip of his nose in the afternoon?

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:42 am

Thanks but we're not talking about my circus skills. And just to be clear, I can do all that

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:13 am

that's weird b/c rich absolutely nailed it. it's exactly what i was talking about.

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:39 am

I might go right now. F these cabinet doors.

Gotta gas up the chainsaws

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:42 am

went today did ok most of the time i do really well there

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:52 pm

semperfi

went today did ok most of the time i do really well there

I went on a whim. Got there at noon. Fished until 6:30. 5 fish for about 11 pounds. Was bummed that I couldn't find any grass beds. Seems they killed it all.

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:29 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links