Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 pm

Nice bass. You should post this under trips next time and give us a writeup about how it was caught.

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:26 am

How's the boat traffic? I was there earlier this year and it was way too crowded for my taste

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:30 am

We were the only boat on the pond. The water was really murky. Looks like they just treated the pond for weeds. Hard to say ,because it was my first time there.

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:23 am

The overgrowth is from 30+ years of neglect and pollution, there's a couple feet of silt on the bottom too. Every decade or so there's a group that floats a plan to dredge, clean, and excavate, but it never goes anywhere. In a couple decades, it will be completely overgrown, partially from boaters bring in foreign non-indigenous species (like anywhere else there's similar issues). Spring time is really the only truly great time to fish there.

There's still some decent fish in there, but it does get a lot more pressured than years ago. Without a a solid scientific analysis, it "appears" to be a lot tougher fishing.*

*Fished there nearly all my life

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:34 am

first hand experience s the most important.

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:07 am

We call it Rootbeer lake, place is hit or miss, fish bridge and over by water treatmeant plant. Good luck!

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:24 pm

My uncle fished there in the 70's.He is the one who suggested Martins. He has a 7 1/2 pound fish mounted at his house from there. Told me he got a pin from the state for how big it was. The few fish we caught were healthy and strong, but seem'd longer and leaner than what I've caught this year in ma. Almost grey in color. That fish was 3 1/2 pounds. doesn't look it, but I did put it on the scale.

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links