Hey .guys hoping someone can help i have a 9.9 2stroke yamaha 2006 runs awsome until the other day it sounds lound and lost power i noticed water sprayinf or it seems like it is under the cover for engine and the wirng . I had tune up in feb its says 100:1 ratio but mechinac told me 50:1 do you think that mite be it thanks

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:00 pm

semperfi

Hey .guys hoping someone can help i have a 9.9 2stroke yamaha 2006 runs awsome until the other day it sounds lound and lost power i noticed water sprayinf or it seems like it is under the cover for engine and the wirng . I had tune up in feb its says 100:1 ratio but mechinac told me 50:1 do you think that mite be it thanks

What sounds loud? Like a knock/rattle or just loud exhaust type sound? Most likely it's a blown head gasket, but hard to say without seeing it.

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:26 pm

dont think its that, still runs and starts rite up im thinking maybe fouled plug or heavy deposit or fuel filter i hope its not gasket

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:31 pm

semperfi

dont think its that, still runs and starts rite up im thinking maybe fouled plug or heavy deposit or fuel filter i hope its not gasket

Is water spraying out inside the engine cover? Or are you talking about the tattle tail stream that shoots down towards the prop?

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:33 pm

The water comes out the prop like its suppose to what im talking about where thbelow the cover that cover the engine and where the joint which which holds it the a couple of metal wires i think one is a ground wire thats where it spraying water only when its idling thats what it seems like i dint want o keep running it.

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:50 pm

I know this, water under the cover of your motor is not supposed to happen. i wold not run it till I had it checked out by someone.

Posted Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:55 am

I have the same 9.9 in four stroke the water comes in the intake up the body of the engine then u turns under the cover of the motor into a stainless block with an outlet then reduces into rubber tubing then out the weep hole.. I'd check that block I know at one point previous to my impeller blowing the rubber hose separated from the nipple under the engine cover allowing at least 50% of the water that was suppose to be pissing out the hole backing up under the engine cover, ill snap a photo of it and post or email it to you if you want to text me an email address 5083734783 Neil. I've tore that engine apart top to bottom this year

Posted Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:56 am

I will send to you neil thnks I was out today in the water started rite up sound ok to i give it throttle then it sounds loud and runs sluggish so i will take to mech

Posted Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:58 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links