Picked this guy up on Craigslist yesterday for $250 w/ MinnKota 65 28lb thrust troll

Gonna fish it as is for rest of year, then deck it in the winter.

Any mod advice from those who have decked or modded one?

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 am

Whatever you do you gotta keep them seats. Rad!

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:26 am

Lose the seats and replace with a bench type if any at all. replace the TM with a foot control 50lb thrust or better. Run wires to the front for a TM plug. Take out the front foam and the plastic piece covering it. Push the back seat back as far as possible and the front seat back accordingly. Thats it. You want it as light as possible. I did all kinds of mods and additions to my 1st crawdad. It became too heavy. I sold that one and a couple years later got a 2nd. I did what I just described and it's perfect.

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:59 am

stratos1966

Lose the seats and replace with a bench type if any at all. replace the TM with a foot control 50lb thrust or better. Run wires to the front for a TM plug. Take out the front foam and the plastic piece covering it. Push the back seat back as far as possible and the front seat back accordingly. Thats it. You want it as light as possible. I did all kinds of mods and additions to my 1st crawdad. It became too heavy. I sold that one and a couple years later got a 2nd. I did what I just described and it's perfect.

Great advice Dad, I agree, then all you need is a mirror set up in the back so I can admire myself while I fish and we'll be all set. I foresee many carry in's to honey holes in this crawdads immediate future, good score Dave

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:36 pm

is weight an issue for you? are you going to be going solo or with someone else mostly? trailer or back of a truck?

if you want to go all out, check this thread out. i think the first few pages starting here cover the crawdad mod.

http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/team-beaver-fever-budget-bass-jon-boat-build-t5433-450.html

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:37 pm

That thread is like reading a novel Sam

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Best place for "how to" & ideas for modding Jon's & V-Hull:

http://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3156

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:40 pm

he just needs to start on the page the link takes you to and read that one and a few pages ahead for the crawdad stuff and see some pictures.

tinboats is great too. just remember that many of these mods add weight. damn aluminum and wood.

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:52 pm

This is what I did to mine. Only change I have made is making the front seat a post and swivel instead of a pedestal. Makes seeing over the front seat better. Base plates for seats are aluminum.. Also added trex for the decking...

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:22 pm

ronan

This is what I did to mine. Only change I have made is making the front seat a post and swivel instead of a pedestal. Makes seeing over the front seat better. Base plates for seats are aluminum.. Also added trex for the decking...

You have 2 crawdads... Horder!!! Laughing

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:27 pm

There is a 12 ft john boat back there too!

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:39 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links