Anyone see those livetarget baitball lures? Pretty cool...

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Honestly i don't have much ambition to get the baitball. Just another crankbait. I swear sometimes the lure company's do get outta hand trying to make it seem like a "Game changer" Although it could be the best crankbait on the market. I sure won't know since im not a big cranker.

If you buy one let MAFF know I'd be interested in hearing some reviews as well as others

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:20 pm

I'm becoming more and more convinced that you only need a couple of different colors for cranks and it's more about the size and wobble.

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:23 pm

waiting for it...

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Correctamundo.....Some of the best crankbaits I have used, are old and faded, which look more like baitfish than many of the new ones. It's more the action to get a reaction when using them. Basically you have two or three different actions, A fat bait that will give you a wide wobble, A thin one that will give you a tight wobble, A square bill that will deflect when hitting cover. Depth is a complete nother ball-game. That you will determine when fishing a body of water.

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:00 pm

I've tried a few live target lures and I haven't had much luck with them. They do better at catching fisherman than actual fish IMO.

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:02 pm

i like the frogs,mouse and blue back herring.
i bought a crayfish lure for 4 bucks at dicks, not luck on it though

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:42 pm

I bought about 10 of the craw pattern cranks for christmas when Dick's had them for 4 bucks. I each different depth that they covered. I've caught fish with all of them except the square bills (I hardly throw them) down to 18 feet. They work.

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:53 pm

check out the live target bluegill square bill crankbait. i fished with someone who absolutely crushed them with it. and yeah the frogs are great too.

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Thinking about it i lied... if the pond has plenty of things to be crashing off i'll deff throw a chunky crankbait...

Nothing like the feel of smashing your bait off a log,rock etc and getting a instant reaction strike. Gotta love it!

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:13 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links