Wife and I looking to get away from the crowds..I know its near Whitehall..Anyone fish there..any decent bass population?

Public ramp? Dangers?

Thanks for any info

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:42 am

Ther is a ramp but it says for town residents only. We have had tournaments there and it's never been a problem but these things tend to change year to year. The place gets a bit rocky but still plenty of room.

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:01 am

"The place gets a bit rocky,but still plenty of room"

Do you mean there is allot of rocks on the lake? Or?

So did you guys have a cartopper or big boat tourney?

Thanks for the info!

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:04 am

There are a few sections that are rocky but avoidable. There is a huge rock formation in the middle of the lake that is well out of the water. There are some submerged rocks around there.

We had a car topper but there are plenty of bass boats and rec boats on the lake.

Some good fish in there too, both smallmouth and large

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:28 am

Cool !

Thanks Man!

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:31 am

My buddy lives on that lake. I've been there a few times and that place Definetly has a healthy bass population. Not many smallies though. I do good there on jigs and drop shots

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:58 am

Thank you!

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:11 pm

I live right down the road from that lake. Personally I hate fishing it because there's very very limited shore access and I don't have a boat that can deal with the drunk dad's driving their pontoons all over the place trying to impress their wives and 10 year old kids making crazy wakes.

However it has a really solid bass population. I've caught several 3 or 4 pounders out of it.

If you're looking for boat access: off of Hayward street in Hopkinton there's a parking lot with a paved ramp for trailers or canoes. Plenty of parking.

cartoppers can load off on West Main street in Hopkinton. There's a little dirt road on the lake side of the street. It's a crappy boat landing but I've used it.

Wacky worms seem to really do a number on the fish here for some reason. I've seen 10 year old kids fishing off a dock using a wacky worm catch 3 or 4 fish.

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:54 pm

I forgot to mention this - stay away from the damn on the south end of the lake. It's total garbage for fishing. I've spent well over 12 hours fishing there, using every type of bait, lure, and rig possible and have only caught sunfish.

If you're into catfish there's White Catfish in a high abundance. Buddy of mine caught a 6 pounder using a hot dog.

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:57 pm

Most of my fishing there has been done from shore at the little dirt lot launch on W Main st, and I've caught plenty of bass from there. There is a weed line about 100' (or less) straight out from shore, and a ton of them sit there. There is also a Northern Pike that resides in the area as well, if you're on land, a bit out and to your right.

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Some big fish smashing bait there today...didnt catch anything worth talking about

Posted Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Also has some huge pickerel.

Posted Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:44 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links